What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Turner

yobbo84

Coach
Terrible news. 3 kids as well, they’ll be hurting massively.

The lax attitude taken by his club towards his many concussions surely would be in the back of the minds of many right now, but maybe save that discussion for another thread
That's a shit comment. You might want to think about revising that.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think it is a very fair comment.

I have a good mate who is a dyed in the wool Souths supporter. We chat often about rugby league and especially after Souths games. There was one player we often talked about over the years in regard to his health during and after rugby league...that player was Kyle Turner.

That EXACT same friend told me the horrible news hours before the news broke officially. When I heard the news, I was very sad but also my thoughts of Souths consistently trying to play him despite his obvious health concerns definitely went through my mind yesterday. The sad thing is that information about the effects of CTE was definitely out there at the time of Kyle's health concerns which prompted regular conversations with my mate about his health.

Tremendously sad.

Danish

Referee

why? Is a discussion about CTE suddenly off limits because it involves your club?

Kyle’s horror run of headknocks in his debut season have been documented in dozens of articles discussing his passing. Its a perfectly reasonable concern to have given the circumstances

Pneuma

First Grade
Discussing a potential cause of death this close to this poor blokes passing without any clear evidence to support this is disturbing. At a time like this surely we just pay our respects. Leave the fingers pointing, if at all, until a time we have some basis for doing so. I have no idea what led to this and I’m not going to try and guess. Show some respect.