What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

La Liga

Bulldog Force

Referee
Draw for round 1
Athletic v Almería
Atlético v Málaga
Espanyol v Valladolid

Betis v Recreativo
Sporting v Getafe
Racing v Sevilla
Numancia v Barcelona
Deportivo v R Madrid
Osasuna v Villarreal
Valencia v Mallorca

Day 1 - Aug 31

Bulldog Force

Referee
Dutchy, soccer forum mate. Draw for the opening round of the 3rd biggest football league in the world. Most interest here would be for A-League, EPL and Serie A as well as La Liga.

My predictions:

Athletic v Almería
Atlético v Málaga
Espanyol v Valladolid

Betis v Recreativo
Sporting v Getafe
Racing v Sevilla
Numancia v Barcelona
Deportivo v R Madrid
Osasuna v Villarreal
Valencia v Mallorca

Ridders

Coach
My predictions are for Barcelona to pip Real for the title, provided

A)Madrid sell Robinho.
B)Messi can play for a majority of the games this season

Atletico to finish 3rd with either Valencia or Villareal for 4th. Sergio Aguerro to be player of the year.

Is it on ESPN this year? Couldnt see any games listed?

1 game tomrrow afternoon

i think serie A took over the La Liga timeslot

anyways not really that much of a problem i cant wait for both to start
8 games of EPL a week
3 games of Serie A
3 games of La Liga
2 games of CCC
4 games of A-League
australian internationals

and this isnt even counting whats on satana

weasel

First Grade
Yeah, no live games this weekend, with Serie A in its place. But at least the Valencia game will be broadcast tomorrow. I was meaning to do a lengthy season preview, but I've been too busy of late.

Should be a good season, and Ridders, I really wouldn't discount Sevilla. They lost Keita and Alves, but they've bought brilliantly again, and they haven't finished lower than fifth for the past four seasons. Think they'll be quite determined to qualify for champions league again.

Ridders

Coach
Yeah, no live games this weekend, with Serie A in its place. But at least the Valencia game will be broadcast tomorrow. I was meaning to do a lengthy season preview, but I've been too busy of late.

Should be a good season, and Ridders, I really wouldn't discount Sevilla. They lost Keita and Alves, but they've bought brilliantly again, and they haven't finished lower than fifth for the past four seasons. Think they'll be quite determined to qualify for champions league again.

Most of those campaigns were under Ramos though, i'm still unsure as to how well as Jimenez will lead this team. For me Keita is a big loss, was so important to their midfield. If rumours are true that they'll lose Capel, that
would also be another blow. I'm not doubting their credentials, but i'm not willing to state that they'll be anything like what they've been in previous years.

weasel

First Grade
Btw guys, going to Spain in December, and gonna try to go to some La Liga matches. Barcelona-Valencia and Real Madrid-Valencia are both on the agenda, although it's gonna cost me about 300 bucks for the tickets!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
is that on EBay ?

so hard to get tickets over there if you're not a member

Bulldog Force

Referee
Btw guys, going to Spain in December, and gonna try to go to some La Liga matches. Barcelona-Valencia and Real Madrid-Valencia are both on the agenda, although it's gonna cost me about 300 bucks for the tickets!
They will be cracking matches. Real - Valencia would be an awesome match.

weasel

First Grade
It's definitely a good way to start the season, and gives confidence to the other title hopefuls. I think this could be a very good season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday August 31 Match

Deportivo la Coruna2 - 1Real Madrid
C.D Numancia1 - 0Barcelona
Racing Santander1 - 1Sevilla
Sporting de Gijón1 - 2Getafe
Real Betis Balompié0 - 1Recreativo Huelva
Atlético de Madrid4 - 0Málaga
Athletic Club1 - 3Almeria
Osasuna1 - 1Villarreal