What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lacey and Te Reo GONNNEE!

Dazzat

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22557007-2,00.html

It's always quick and painless (for some) when it comes to sacking players who involve themselves in criminal-type activity. Lacey and Te Reo are sacked - much such the same speed as Costigan and Seymour last year.

That leaves the Broncs with Michael Ennis as the sole player with first grade experience as hooker. No Berrigan ... I guess Nathan Strudwick will be promoted quickly in 2008.

D

Deleted member 10972

Dazzat said:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22557007-2,00.html

It's always quick and painless (for some) when it comes to sacking players who involve themselves in criminal-type activity. Lacey and Te Reo are sacked - much such the same speed as Costigan and Seymour last year.

That leaves the Broncs with Michael Ennis as the sole player with first grade experience as hooker. No Berrigan ... I guess Nathan Strudwick will be promoted quickly in 2008.

Mick Roberts isn't too shabby.

Any idea where Te Reo is going? With both Wing & L'Estrange leaving the Roosters, & John Doyle already retiring this season, we could sure use another dummy half...Te Reo looked pretty good.

Dazzat

First Grade
What's happening with Shane Dunley from Manly ... did he go to England. Wasn't a bad player.

salivor

First Grade
Good swift move from the club. The usual critics will come out and say that we only sack fringe first graders who have no affect on our squad well I think this blows it out of the water. In one afternoon we've disposed of 2 hookers and left ourselves with just Ennis and Roberts as a backup.

Dazzat

First Grade
Lacy has been charged with assault ... the victim with a suspected fractured skull and bleeding on the brain. It all happened after the club presentation ... what a couple of lunatics.

salivor

First Grade
I think it's all Wayne Bennett's fault with not giving them the guidence of an acceptance speech, for shame Wayne!!!

Navjot

Juniors
If i was the broncs i would have a crack at getting flanagan from the tigers if they could gain a release, but you didnt here that from me.

Dazzat

First Grade
Too much alcohol and platform shoes ... a bad combination. Just ask Lacey.

parra pete

Referee
Well done Broncos btw..Rugby League has too many people who don't give a stuff about the image of the code. :clap: :clap:

The Tank

Bench
Once again the Broncos leading the way with these matters. Swift action to get the grubs out of our game. Congrats Brisbane! :clap:

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
If Lockyer had done that... how would we react?? I personally would try my harderst to defend him...

anyone else think differently?

salivor

First Grade
Until the day it happens who knows, it's just pure speculation. The 4 sacked have all been young and dumb. Our core group of players such as Lockyer have all been in the club environment long enough to know what's not accepted so I don't think it's a situation we're going to have face any time soon.

Dazzat

First Grade
Penrith showed their colours by retaining their top play maker - Gower - after a pretty unsavoury incident. They also made him CAPTAIN. In other words they made a statement that they saw Gower - and his behaviour - as worthy to be followed by other players. Should we surprised that they got the wooden spoon.

Bruno Cullen has been on radio after the Lacey and Te Reo incident saying that the big problem within league is NOT illicit drugs, but the culture of alcohol and getting plastered. It's no different than society. Just about every 'incident' over the last few years can be traced back to one cause.

The common thread in the four players sacked isn't that they were young and dumb, but they were young and drunk.

dubby

Bench
Dazzat said:
Penrith showed their colours by retaining their top play maker - Gower - after a pretty unsavoury incident. They also made him CAPTAIN. In other words they made a statement that they saw Gower - and his behaviour - as worthy to be followed by other players. Should we surprised that they got the wooden spoon.

Bruno Cullen has been on radio after the Lacey and Te Reo incident saying that the big problem within league is NOT illicit drugs, but the culture of alcohol and getting plastered. It's no different than society. Just about every 'incident' over the last few years can be traced back to one cause.

The common thread in the four players sacked isn't that they were young and dumb, but they were young and drunk.

Top post. You are dead right mate.

Please dont send them to Canberra....

langpark

First Grade
glad they got the sack, we don't need thugs like that in the team, but it is a shame as they were both decent players. They'll get a contract with a sydney club or english club within a week tho.

parra pete

Referee
Stewie Griffin said:
If Lockyer had done that... how would we react?? I personally would try my harderst to defend him...

anyone else think differently?

He wouldn't do it...That's the difference. Lockyer has too much class.
It's usually the fringe dickheads who think they are someone, when really all they are are bloody idiots.
For every bloke not mentally suited for the game, there are ten just waiting to grab the opportunity.

Dazzat

First Grade
parra pete said:
He wouldn't do it...That's the difference. Lockyer has too much class.
It's usually the fringe dickheads who think they are someone, when really all they are are bloody idiots.
For every bloke not mentally suited for the game, there are ten just waiting to grab the opportunity.

Yeah, like Craig Gower and Sonny Bill Williams.

Latest posts