What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lacey and Te Reo GONNNEE!

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Dazzat said:
Yeah, like Craig Gower and Sonny Bill Williams.

Who were both sh*tfaced when their troubles occured.

Alcohol does seem to be the thread that links all the incedents together.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
IMO Alcohol is no excuse. I've been absolutely sh1tfaced many a time, but I would never beat somebody.

Its not alcohol, its them being themselves.

Chachi

Bench
I tend to agree. Alcohol tends to remove inhibitions and judgement and often the "true" character of somebody comes out. Being drunk doesn't bring on agressive behaviour in itself.

It's a very sad and frustrating situation for the Broncos. Hopefully the NRL backs them up and takes action to ban the players too.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I'm surprised they were cut so quickly (especially ebfore the court case) but oviously the broncos eblieve they breached the clubs code of conduct (regardless of guilt). i also ehard they both ahd strikes against their name (simialr to costigan and seymour).

i hope the nrl follows suit and deregisters them for a year. I'd like to see this kind of action taken against any player for such behaviour regardless of whether it lockyer or minto

p.s. Mick Roberts as backup hooker. or maybe we can get farrah, we'll let him play internationals ;)

bluesbreaker

Bench
parra pete said:
Well done Broncos btw..Rugby League has too many people who don't give a stuff about the image of the code. :clap: :clap:

What? Like Parramatta not sacking Jarrod Hayne for biting a girl on the arm?
I'll see myself out.

The Broncos haven't spoken to Mick Roberts yet about next year. I would like to see him get a crack on a fulltime roster to see how good he could be.

There were other Broncos players there as well, a couple of higher profile players but they took no part in what happened, they were interviewed and are not in any trouble.

I don't blame the Broncos for taking the action they did. I think Lacey is in real big trouble.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Well what the deal with Te Reo - tv reports in new Zealand say that charges have been dropped??? Is that true??

Lets say he didnt commit any act - I find it hard to understand what code of conduct he broke.

Unless it bringing the club into disripute -> which would be crap b'coz that could be contributed to Lacey.

Skinner

Coach
From the NZ Herald : http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10473366

League player in court
6:00AM Thursday November 01, 2007

Former Junior Kiwis rugby league player John Te Reo appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court yesterday over an alleged street bashing that led to his being sacked by the Brisbane Broncos club.

Te Reo, 21, from Wellington, was charged with one count of grievous bodily harm.

The charges relate to an incident in the early hours of October 9 that left a 32-year-old man in hospital with a fractured skull and bleeding to the brain.

Te Reo was not required to enter a plea and the matter was adjourned until January.

His Broncos teammate Ian Lacey faced court this month on the same charge. He too was sacked.