What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai or Hopoate?

Lafai or Hopoate?

• Tim Lafai

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Will Hopoate

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yeh but with these types of polls people tend to over rate the bloke leaving because 1. It makes out that it was a bad decision for the club and 2. People arehoping to sign him

Heck, even i argued that souths were stupid for bringing in inglis got champion.

If you mad the poll now i reckon it would be closer to 60/40 compared to the 90/10 now.

Nice theory, but I'm afraid there's just too many butthurt Parramatta fans for it to hold.

Packy

Bench
I guess as a Dogs fan I am just surprised it is getting this much attention. I really couldn't care less about which middle of the road player we get. Just gotta go with the coach.

jaseg

Juniors
Lafai, easily.

Going off 2015... Lafai wins in combined try, linebreak & assists count, Lafai wins in tackle count and effective tackle rate (only counting Hoppa's games at centre for this, for obvious reasons), Lafai wins looking at combined tackle break & offload rate. Lafai also has a better combined error/penalty concession rate. And for all his injury issues(??), he actually played more games last year than Hoppa - same as the year before that. The only thing Hoppa comes out better in is run metres - an area that surely shouldn't be the focus, given what that Dogs pack has available...

That was 2015... Lafai's 'bad' year. And Hoppa is almost certain to be on more money than Lafai.

Hoppa is a decent player, even pretty good with the right players around him. He's not better than Lafai - he's been outperformed by Lafai in both of the last 2 years. Maybe he'll fit better into the Bulldogs team in terms of style, but I'm not so sure about that.

ek999

First Grade
So do the 92% who picked Lafai over Hoppa still think Lafai has been the better buy? Hoppa has been the Bulldogs best so far and Lafai has been ordinary

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So do the 92% who picked Lafai over Hoppa still think Lafai has been the better buy? Hoppa has been the Bulldogs best so far and Lafai has been ordinary

to be fair to both players, both are of exactly the same quality..

hoppa only looks good because he's playing in a team of muppets..

whereas lafai is looking ordinary because he is now surrounded by quality players..

it's just like the below optical illusion.. are shapes a & b the same colour?

identical-colors-big.jpg

Xnowmann

Juniors
to be fair to both players, both are of exactly the same quality..

hoppa only looks good because he's playing in a team of muppets..

whereas lafai is looking ordinary because he is now surrounded by quality players../QUOTE]

This merkin for real?

wittyfan

Referee
The NRL should move the Grand Final to Saturday if the Bulldogs make it out of respecct for Hopoate's faith.

SET2JT

Juniors
Lets hope for Hoppas sake the Dogs never make the Grand Final so he never has to make the tough decision to play.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Reg Gasnier got a pretty average Saints backline to the finals in 1967 and nearly got them to a 12th grand final appearance on his own. Between he and Billy 'I'll drink the pub dry' Smith, the two of them nearly got us over the line.

So no, I respectfully disagree TF ;-)