What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laffranchi charged over sexual assault

Lime_Green

Juniors
Willow said:
But still not illegal.

I appreciate your disapproval but its still not relevant to the more serious alllegations.

As I said, the morality stance is not something I'm interested in. None of my business and something for the Laffranchis to sort out.

Well you seem to know a lot about how the Laffranchis feel. Perhaps you could send her a card or something.

I don't really give a stuff what you're interested in, we're not all writing for your benefit.

I am entitled to think less of the man on the basis of his conduct - the conduct that has gone on the public record - just as I would if John Howard, Russell Crowe or Sol Trujillo engaged in said conduct. And just as I would if my best mate engaged in said conduct. You're entitled not to care.

And yes empathy is apparently an attribute you lack...:roll:

simon says

First Grade
Willow said:
On the contrary, I think its funny.

People say silly stuff all the time. This thread has some rippers.

Praising ones own work can be viewed as a little egocentric.....

:lol: :lol:

simon says

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Er...

Think you'll find he's taking a shot at you work champ.

:lol: :lol:

Wow.......thanks for pointing that out for me mate.

You really are switched on........:lol: :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lime_Green said:
I don't really give a stuff what you're interested in,
Then why reply? lol
Lime_Green said:
we're not all writing for your benefit.
So you speak for everyone else now?
Lime_Green said:
I am entitled to think less of the man on the basis of his conduct - the conduct that has gone on the public record
Did I say otherwise? I am absolutely certain I suggested as much when I said: "I appreciate your disapproval" and "that's your chioice to hold an opinion"
Lime_Green said:
You're entitled not to care.
Thanks for that. But I do care. Just not in the way you want me to care.

You seem mighty unsettled by me thinking this is an issue for the Laffranchis to sort out.
Lime_Green said:
And yes empathy is apparently an attribute you lack...:roll:
And I see your moralising also extends to people who post on this thread.
Suffice to say, you know zilch about me.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt before, but its now clear that you simply take exception to opinions which differ from your own.

Lime_Green

Juniors
Willow said:
I gave you the benefit of the doubt before, but its now clear that you simply take exception to opinions which differ from your own.

:crazy: :crazy: :D

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Bloody hilarious.

Dude you're more than welcome to not care about or agree with my moral objections to Laffranchi's conduct, but I'm entitled to express them here. That's all I've been saying!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lime_Green said:
:crazy: :crazy: :D

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Bloody hilarious.
Well... don't be so hard on yourself.
At least you can claim to have empathy on your side.
Lime_Green said:
Dude you're more than welcome to not care about or agree with my moral objections to Laffranchi's conduct,
Already said I care. It would help your cause if you could reply without putting words into my mouth. That's a free tip.

However, it is abundantly clear that I don't care in the manner which suits you.

Lime_Green said:
but I'm entitled to express them here. That's all I've been saying!
And again, where I said otherwise?
Ponder that.

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
Typical. :lol: No reply whatsoever so you sidestep completely. Better get you into the side. Yes I must be a turncoat- after all I wrote the Bulldogs preview and had the nerve to write negative things about the side... heaven forbid!

You're the reason why dogs supporters are well known for being whingey arrogant pricks. Grow a brain and realise that not everything is about you.

That's a pretty harsh call mate....I too am a Bulldogs fan of many years - and whilst, yes - there are some people still crying over the matter like it happened yetsterday - the matter was handled pretty damn poorly in the whole by the NRL. Let's face it. And to a not insignificant extent - that poor handling of the matter is the reason we will still get called all sort of names to this very day. It's also true that the blokes attacking FANS over this matter - have brains the size of salt flakes - shooting off their mouths like the fans were actually involved themselves....but that is still no less frustrating for that!

But as someone said - as long as the NRL learn from that schemozzle - then perhaps at least some 'good' will have come of it.

I've moved on also - but people still have a right o be upset about being called a '@&#*$ r@pist'...or what have you. You can't tell people how to feel man. That ain't fair.

miccle

Bench
It's a cut and dried issue for mine.

To start with - stood down from playing and training while the investigations are happening. It's an EXTREMELY serious and disgusting offence which is alleged, and the club would be doing the right thing to stand him down from playing at full pay while the law does it's thing.

There's only two outcomes. Found not guilty - no worries at all. The club hasn't done the wrong thing by him, and he will understand that. He in turn returns to his job playing footy and life continues on as per normal.

He's found guilty, he's obviously sacked and deregistered while he serves a jail term.

Now, I love this game so I hope like all hell that he is innocent for the sake of the NRL and the alleged victim - I wish no one had to go through what she is claiming to have experienced. It's hard not to get emotional about such issues sometimes, but what I've wrriten above is, IMO, the black and white hard truth of the matter.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
B.A. Baracus said:
That's a pretty harsh call mate....I too am a Bulldogs fan of many years - and whilst, yes - there are some people still crying over the matter like it happened yetsterday - the matter was handled pretty damn poorly in the whole by the NRL. Let's face it. And to a not insignificant extent - that poor handling of the matter is the reason we will still get called all sort of names to this very day.

Not too sure about the NRL but you guys should be looking at the NSW Police hierarchy who meddled so much with the investigation. They refused to believe the actual investigators who had doubts from the start any offence had taken place. There is a book due out soon written by one of the Coffs Harbour detectives that will lift the lid on the whole debacle and no doubt result in embarrassment among senior police.