What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lance hohaia

wing24

Juniors
I Heard A Remour He Might Be Close To Signing With St George Lllawarra Has Any Heard Any Thing About This

Iafeta

Referee
I haven't heard anything. He has a contract through until 2007 though.

Would love to see him back in first grade, particularly at hooker. He was awesome there last year.

ozbash

Referee
my spy tells me lance was doing a heap of place kicking with fartin martin today at ericsson #1.

read into it what you want ;-)

Vicious

Bench
Captain Charisma said:
The Warriors need to do this simple equation.

Ropati out.Hoheia In.

Jerome Ropati is a great centre being played out of position. Since Toopi has signed elsewhere, i can`t understand why the Warriors don`t make Simon Mannering and Jerome Ropati their regular centre combination ? Potentially that would be one of the best centre combinations in the NRL in my opinion.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Iafeta said:
I haven't heard anything. He has a contract through until 2007 though.

Would love to see him back in first grade, particularly at hooker. He was awesome there last year.

He was better at halfback...

Lego_Man

First Grade
Vicious said:
Jerome Ropati is a great centre being played out of position. Since Toopi has signed elsewhere, i can`t understand why the Warriors don`t make Simon Mannering and Jerome Ropati their regular centre combination ? Potentially that would be one of the best centre combinations in the NRL in my opinion.

Incorrect, although it would probably be the best centre combination in Bartercard.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Vicious said:

:lol:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ropati at cetre I might be able to tolerate but he's a rubbish 5/8. The problem is if we put Hohaia there we'll bwe saying the same about him in a few weeks, he's a good hooker and halfback but I've never rated him as a 5/8.

SpaceMonkey said:
Ropati at cetre I might be able to tolerate but he's a rubbish 5/8. The problem is if we put Hohaia there we'll bwe saying the same about him in a few weeks, he's a good hooker and halfback but I've never rated him as a 5/8.

who at 5/8 then mate?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Mixmasterreece said:
who at 5/8 then mate?

This year I honestly don't know, Ropo's crap, Sione's a second rower, Fein's a hooker, Lance might be the best of a bad bunch. We seriously need to get the chequebook out for that position for next season. The rest of the squad I think we can cover but there's basically nobody at 5/8 unless there's someone in BC who hasn't come onto the radar yet which I find hard to believe.
The only option that we haven't tried yet that I think merits a look is Rovelli at #6 and Hohaia at #7.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Didn't Ravs play one game @ 5/8? I think it was against the Raiders....not the greatest display from him that time. But again not bad either.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Rovelli is looking very good at halfback at the moment - lets not screw with him. The onus is on Hohaia to work his way back into the side in whatever position the coach sees fit.

Martli

Coach
I'd be scared to move Rovelli from halfback, he's making a decent crack at it. While Having Rovelli at stand-off and Hohaia at Halfback is worth considering, I think the combinations have been messed around too much this season. Rovelli is finding good form at halfback and I wouldn't want to ruin this by yet another halves shuffle-up. I say bring Hohaia into #6, chuck Jerome back into the centres and keep martin on the wing until vatuvei comes back and then decide between Hohaia and Ropati. Perhaps having Hohaia and Rovelli swap positions during the match could be an option, but again, i'd be cautious....