What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lang decision making

derekmc

Juniors
Can anyone shed light on Langs decision to start Corrigan in the second row, fair dinkum we have Peats, Clarke, Burgess, Pettybourne on the bench. While he was on we let in 20 unanswered points and as soon as replacements made our game turned around. If he really wants to run with an option for a replacement back why not have Corrigan on bench or McQueen on bench and Corrigan wing.

Given Langs history and his unwillingness to make changes I hope he does'nt make teh same mistake again.

Burgess was excellent yesterday and Luke made plenty of yards up the middle, also Sutton really took the line on in the second half if only he could do this more than every 6 weeks.

A great win, but think we will have to win remaining 5 games and then could come down to our final game against the Knights for 8th spot.

Looking forward to Monday night.

Buggee

Juniors
Can anyone shed light on Langs decision to start Corrigan in the second row, fair dinkum we have Peats, Clarke, Burgess, Pettybourne on the bench. While he was on we let in 20 unanswered points and as soon as replacements made our game turned around. If he really wants to run with an option for a replacement back why not have Corrigan on bench or McQueen on bench and Corrigan wing.

Given Langs history and his unwillingness to make changes I hope he does'nt make teh same mistake again.

Burgess was excellent yesterday and Luke made plenty of yards up the middle, also Sutton really took the line on in the second half if only he could do this more than every 6 weeks.

A great win, but think we will have to win remaining 5 games and then could come down to our final game against the Knights for 8th spot.

Looking forward to Monday night.

couldnt agree with you more. although we get dave taylor back this week, so i doubt corrigan will be in the side this week, although ben lowe looks like he is injured so who knows.

it does look like we will have to win all our games up until the knights, although i wouldnt be surprised if newcastle or the tigers drop a game or two. all we have to do is worry about putting in a good performance every week. if that happenes the finals will look after itself.

onthetryline

Juniors
...also Sutton really took the line on in the second half if only he could do this more than every 6 weeks.

Honestly Sutto looks better hitting holes than putting people into them. He draws in 2 or 3 defenders everytime but on the flip side they will hang off and wait for him to do something stupid when he puts his playmakers hat on. So frustrating to watch.

Sorry I know this thread wasn't specificially about Sutto but just needed to vent.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
there was a stage there at the end of the first half where sandow went through on the fourth and got tackled.
Last tackle ball goes to sutton with his outside men flat ready to chase a kick into the in goal he throws the ball over the top and behind his outside men.
this is not the move of a playmaker and obviously doesn't communicate what he wants from his outside men.
luckily for us dragons were backpedalling if one of them were coming forward and pounced on the loose ball it could have well been game over