What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lang has to go this weeks team

derekmc

Juniors
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Ma...-Teams-for-Round-21-2011-Against-Dragons.html

What a disgrace, the same team picked for this weekend, has'nt Lang been watchin this team play, i know we have injuries but seriously how many clubs would put up with sutton at 5/8. Souths is just a bigs boys club at the moment and I cant wait for Maguire to get here and clean this place out, too many jobs for the boys. We pay our membership and get this crep.
:x Lang should leave now and let whoever will be helping Mag next year blood some players in positions.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Lol, poor souths. Not even one change, that's just a lazy, disinterested coach right there imo.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol, poor souths. Not even one change, that's just a lazy, disinterested coach right there imo.
Sums it up. Basically the change from Lang to Maguire will be the biggest coaching improvement in NRL history. From an incompetent stubborn fool who'd easily be in the bottom 2 or 3 coaches to the next superstar coach.

Bigger differance than Brown to Bennett.
We got this guys. Trust me.
Oh f**k off you troll. Can BunniesMen please be banned?

onthetryline

Juniors
...I cant wait for Maguire to get here and clean this place out, too many jobs for the boys. We pay our membership and get this crep.

Amen brother! AMEN!

Why are there no consequences at South Sydney for playing terrible this season? We went from one coach who changed the roster at the drop of a hat (with taylor) to zero changes! The only player he has really cut this year is Talanoa and even the under 7's coach down the road could have seen that needed to happen. So sick of it!

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I honestly don't know what you guys expected. Who would you put in? We don't have the replacements to make the changes.

Fien

Juniors
I think this team needs a big Shake Up. Inglis to the Number 13 Jersey. I know it's different, but I see him moving the way of Brad Fittler. Fittler was a centre who moved to 5/8 and ended up as a Lock. Inglis has the speed, footwork and Capability to play there. Inglis to Lock.

Buggee

Juniors
its really simple. put inglis to five eighth, move sutton to lock. put mcqueen in the centers and bring talanoa on the wing, merritt to fullback.

OR

Move inglis to fullback, mcqueen to the centers, talanoa on the wing, sutton to lock, issac to five eighth and put in peatsy at hooker.

option 1.

1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Farrell
4. Mcqueen
5. Talanoa
6. Inglis
7. Sandow
8. Ross
9. Luke
10. Mcpherson
11. Lowe
12. Pettybourne
13. Crocker (C)

14. Burgess
15. Tyrrell
16. Clark
17. Peats

Option 2

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. Farrell
4. Mcqueen
5. Talanoa
6. Luke
7. Sandow
8. Ross
9. Peats
10. Mcpherson
11. Crocker
12. Pettybourne
13. Sutton

14. Burgess
15. Lowe
16. Tyrrell
17. Clark

Mike_Jets

Juniors
The season is over what we should do is ask Maguire where he wants players to play.
Inglis and Sutton where he wants, Talanoa, Wesser, Sandow and Lang no where near the team! Both Burgess boys off the bench.

i think talanoa should be there instead of mcqueen atm, mcqueen is a center or second rower.

McQueen was our best player last week, Was about the only thing right Langy did to the team was keep him there.

McQueen's game reminds me so much of a certain centre coming to the club next season, I don't know if have two players who are fairly like as both our centres is such a good idea, You need variety on each fringe. I'd have him on either wing and probably on the opposite side to King.

Galeforce

Bench
at last we have a winger who runs hard and straight when he gets the ball even from dummy half , versus the hop step and jump of some past winger and our other wingers. McQueen is a beauty and if he wants to play in forwards , ok perfect bench player , however i would like to see him tried at Fullback , doing kick returns up the middle.

Buggee

Juniors
McQueen was our best player last week, Was about the only thing right Langy did to the team was keep him there.

McQueen's game reminds me so much of a certain centre coming to the club next season, I don't know if have two players who are fairly like as both our centres is such a good idea, You need variety on each fringe. I'd have him on either wing and probably on the opposite side to King.

yeah you are right, he was our best player. im not dissing mcqueen at all.

i just think that he would be more beneficial to us in the centers next year, or a bench forward, he goes great guns there. i just miss talanoas try scoring ability, he knows how o finish a try. although, i dont miss his mistakes coming out from our own 10 meter line. our team is full of hot and cold players. e.g. wesser (nearly always cold) talanoa, sutton, pettybourne, sandow, farrell. < nearly our whole back line

Big Sam

First Grade
Don't bring Turnstile Talanoa back. For every try he scores, he lets in two when he rushes out of defence to give the other side an overlap. Keep him at Norths.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I think this team needs a big Shake Up. Inglis to the Number 13 Jersey. I know it's different, but I see him moving the way of Brad Fittler. Fittler was a centre who moved to 5/8 and ended up as a Lock. Inglis has the speed, footwork and Capability to play there. Inglis to Lock.

That's not the stupidest idea I've heard. Would certainly get his hands on the ball more and defensively he has been smashing a few blokes this year.