What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lang Won't Panic If Losses Come Early

By Steve Gee
The Daily Telegraph
March 13, 2010 12:00AM

201738-dtstory-john-lang.jpg

John Lang, Rabbitohs, NRL

Won't panic...Rabbitohs coach John Lang. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

SOUTHS coach John Lang has warned his side will take time to jell and insists there will not be any panic if the huge expectations of early success fail to materialise this year.

Next to only Eels coach Daniel Anderson, no mentor enters 2010 with so much hyperbole swirling his roster of prized off-season recruits.

But with the Rabbitohs hammered by off-season surgery to at least 13 players, headed by skipper Roy Asotasi, Lang warned fans may have to be patient, starting with tomorrow's headline clash against arch-rivals the Roosters at ANZ Stadium. "Success early guarantees nothing," Lang said.

"If you look it's often the sides who start slowly who will come on.

"The sides who do well are the sides who build momentum over the season so that's what we're looking to do." Lang said Souths' major hurdle had been the disrupted off-season of many of the club's leading players.

Asotasi only began running after Christmas following major knee surgery, Michael Crocker will miss the first four rounds following groin, ankle and shoulder surgery, while Colin Best, Rhys Wesser and Beau Champion are also on the recovery trail.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...osses-come-early/story-e6frexqr-1225840208470

Last edited:

KKW

Juniors
By Steve Gee
The Daily Telegraph
March 13, 2010 12:00AM

201738-dtstory-john-lang.jpg

John Lang, Rabbitohs, NRL

Won't panic...Rabbitohs coach John Lang. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

SOUTHS coach John Lang has warned his side will take time to jell and insists there will not be any panic if the huge expectations of early success fail to materialise this year.

Next to only Eels coach Daniel Anderson, no mentor enters 2010 with so much hyperbole swirling his roster of prized off-season recruits.

But with the Rabbitohs hammered by off-season surgery to at least 13 players, headed by skipper Roy Asotasi, Lang warned fans may have to be patient, starting with tomorrow's headline clash against arch-rivals the Roosters at ANZ Stadium. "Success early guarantees nothing," Lang said.

"If you look it's often the sides who start slowly who will come on.

"The sides who do well are the sides who build momentum over the season so that's what we're looking to do." Lang said Souths' major hurdle had been the disrupted off-season of many of the club's leading players.

Asotasi only began running after Christmas following major knee surgery, Michael Crocker will miss the first four rounds following groin, ankle and shoulder surgery, while Colin Best, Rhys Wesser and Beau Champion are also on the recovery trail.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...osses-come-early/story-e6frexqr-1225840208470

Here come the excuses already.

lingard

Coach
John Lang is absolutely right. You don`t have to win early games. Look at my team (Parramatta) last year. Souths will have plenty of wins later on as they build momentum. I still think you`re in for the best season you`ve had in years.

StinkyPete

Juniors
I don't think the bunnies need more time to jell. if they hang onto the ball they win that match. something like 15 errors.

BPS

Juniors
I agree actually. Besides having a fullback who refused to tackle, I thought we went OK except for the obvious last 20 mins. when we dropped our heads.

They showed enough to suggest that they have got what it takes imo