What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LASHED BY THE STORM

Jamesy

Juniors
dragons.com.au said:
LASHED BY THE STORM
19 March 2005

FOR the second time in as many weeks the St George Illawarra Dragons have given their opposition a massive start and been unable to reel them in, this week falling 46-12 to the Melbourne Storm at WIN Stadium tonight.

The Dragons trailed 24-0 at halftime following several lightning strikes from the Storm, who were lead brilliantly by their halfback Matt Orford.

Orford caused havoc for the Dragons defence all night and looks intent of proving he is ready to step into the State of Origin arena in the near future.

After a promising opening set of six which ended with a probing Mathew Head grubber the home side was shell-shocked when the Storm scored first in just the third minute.

Hooker Michael Ennis charged down a Scott Hill kick but the Storm regathered and headed downfield before prop Robbie Kearns crashed over.

Barely four minutes later boom Storm fullback Billy Slater extended the lead to 12-0 when he scooped up a brilliant Hill offload.

Hill ran an inside line off Orford before popping the ball while falling under heavy attention.

Orford and Slater were back in the thick of things soon after, setting up Matt King for a try in the left corner.

Another Orford inside ball, this time to Slater, saw the fullback leave Lance Thompson grasping at thin air before passing out to King who duly dived over.

Ennis had further worries on the 20th minute mark when he was placed on report for a high tackle on Ryan Hoffman.

Now the hooker must wait to see if the match review committee decide to charge him on Monday.

Cameron Smith added a penalty goal before the Storm scored a cracking try through Orford, which went through no less than nine sets of hands.

Matt Geyer made a half bust before Slater batted a pass on out wide and Orford finished the movement off by dummying past Ben Hornby to set up the large halftime lead.

Just like last week the Dragons started better in the second stanza, with Dean Young scoring in the 45th minute.

Hornby provided the nuggety second rower with a clever short pass to get the Dragons on the board.

But the try just kick started the Storm who went further ahead through tries to Smith, Orford and Steve Bell.

Smith pushed his way over from close range, Orford scooted 55metres after intercepting a Head pass while Bell brushed aside Matt Cooper to score on the left side.

Colin Best grabbed some consolation for the Dragons in the 68th minute but it did little to appease the 9,032 disappointed fans.

Bell’s second try rubbed salt into the wounds of an under strength Dragons unit.

MELBOURNE STORM 46 (Matt Orford 2, Steve Bell 2, Robbie Kearns, Billy Slater, Matt King, Cameron Smith tries; Matt Orford 4, Cameron Smith 3 goals) d. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 12 (Dean Young, Colin Best tries; Mathew Head 2 goals) Crowd: 9,032

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Could you plz not post these articles you wally. We dont wanna read them. If u wanna read them print them of and go sit somewhere with ur steelers jersey on and enjoy urself.

Jamesy

Juniors
You're joking right TE???

i post them for people who don't get 2 see the game, you idiot :roll:

Red Bear

Referee
The mighty Bears won 24-22 :D
Holy shit did they play different to last year. They were like a competent team. They could tackle and hold out teams close to the tryline. And in attack they looked way more in control. Great performance from the bears. When i walked in i was worried cos it was 10-0 to the dragons but they played awesome.
The jersey still sucks tho.
They need to work on the last ten minutes cos you could see them starting to fade a bit at the end and almost lost the game in the last tackle. However and incredible improvement on last season.

Along with this greatness i got to meet the winger of the 90's, the great Rod Wishart

Red Bear

Referee
Tingha shut the f**k up and get your facts right.
Too start with Wezman is a St George fan to start with, he doesnt feel the need to sling shit on Illawarra whenever the Dragons lose.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Ok we saw one but posting 2-3 articles which say Storm smash Dragons is just stupid. Stop trying to be buzzboy wezman.

GoTheBears said:
Tingha shut the f**k up and get your facts right.
Too start with Wezman is a St George fan to start with, he doesnt feel the need to sling sh*t on Illawarra whenever the Dragons lose.

Yeah, a "St George fan" who likes the wear the jersey of The Illawarra Steelers.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Plus he lives near Wollongong and is obsessed with WIN Stadium. How can u possibly expect us to believe u went for Saints before 99

Jamesy

Juniors
You obviously haven't seen me at a game mate, i wear the Red V with pride. Not like the loser who walked out of the ground 2nite with his jersey inside-out. And TE, how am i trying to be like Buzz Boy?? I don't know what the problem is that you seem to have with him, but he is a top bloke. You just need to grow up and do something with ur life.

HEY, LETS ALL BE A PART OF THE "DAF FORUM TERRORISTS" :roll:

You're a real clown TE, wake up to urself.

Jamesy

Juniors
TinghaExpress said:
Plus he lives near Wollongong and is obsessed with WIN Stadium. How can u possibly expect us to believe u went for Saints before 99

Just out of interest, how am i obsessed with WIN Stadium?? Just coz i live in Wollongong, doesn't mean that i have to go for the Steelers. What about the Dargons supporter club in Brisbane??? Do they just say the follow the dragons, but secretly folllow the Broncos, just cvoz they live in Brisbane??.

WIN stadium is my teams local ground. UR AN IDIOT TE.

TinghaExpress said:

It's very easy to believe.

When the JV was formed it was the best thing to ever happen to Dragons fans in Wollongong. Seeing the great club they support combine with their shitty local team and backwater region. But instead of lifting them out of the mud like they'd imagined they've dragged us down to their pathetic level.

Jamesy

Juniors
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't think i need to say anymore, you pair are just making fools out of urselves.

KEEP IT UP GUYS, UR ON A ROLL :clap: :clap:

Where am I wrong Wezley?

Daithi O'Conaill said:
When the JV was formed it was the best thing to ever happen to Dragons fans in Wollongong. Seeing the great club they support combine with their shitty local team and backwater region.

This is true, this is what you guys say yourself.

Daithi O'Conaill said:
But instead of lifting them out of the mud like they'd imagined they've dragged us down to their pathetic level.

Again true.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
yeh you can say all the shit u want about being a St.George fan but to wear an Illawarra Steelers jersey is just an absolute disgrace. U should be ashamed to call urself a pre-merger St.george fan

Red Bear

Referee
You guys need someone like this guy in your team
isrodwishart.gif

Someone who had pride in his jersey, no matter who he was playing. Greatest steeler of all and an absolutely champion bloke!

SirShire

First Grade
I was there in a box tonight. Wasnt so much that the Dragons played bad (apart from stupid unforced errors) but the Storm are just so good. Players like Slater, King, Orford and Kearns ran riot out there, and your forwards seemed really quiet.

The corp. boxes don't put on a bad show though, kept the beer comming through all night.

sethman75

Juniors
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Where am I wrong Wezley?

Daithi O'Conaill said:
When the JV was formed it was the best thing to ever happen to Dragons fans in Wollongong. Seeing the great club they support combine with their shitty local team and backwater region.

This is true, this is what you guys say yourself.

Daithi O'Conaill said:
But instead of lifting them out of the mud like they'd imagined they've dragged us down to their pathetic level.

Again true.

Hmmmm.

Replying to your post mate, how can i argue with that?

RICHO

Juniors
Seeing the great club they support combine with their shitty local team and backwater

What does 'backwater region' mean Daithi? :?

If the St George people aren't happy with the performance of Wollongong, find some St George players and drop all the Wollongong boys.

Latest posts