What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LASHED BY THE STORM

imasharkie

Coach
I don't know how your no. 10 got away with that knee to the head of Webster, Bird got 10 weeks for exactly the same thing. I'm gonna send an email to the NRL about it after I watch the game again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
RICHO said:
If the St George people aren't happy with the performance of Wollongong, find some St George players and drop all the Wollongong boys.
It seems you want it both ways. When the team is doing well, its all thanks to the Illawarra juniors. When the team is performing poorly, its all the fault of St George for not providing enough juniors. :roll:

You're a throwback to the residental qualifications days. What it is with South Coasters and this heavy focus on 'local juniors'?

If the JV never happened, there'd be no Illawarra team and the Dragons would still be using the similar player signing and retention policies which saw them to four Grand Finals in the 1990s.
Since 2000, the policy has shifted more towards the Illawarra juniors. Don't get me wrong, its a great junior base which should be continually developed. But its not the only place to find players and since the JV saw a shift in policy, the returns haven't been coming.

The pendulum is due for another swing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm going to send an email to the NRL about imasharkie. Caught with his pants down in a public forum.

shadow grinder

First Grade
lol..ur club is falling apart...fans are fighting each other...boo'ing ur own team off..coach has had the dick... :lol:

good luck tho :D

RICHO

Juniors
Willow said:
RICHO said:
If the St George people aren't happy with the performance of Wollongong, find some St George players and drop all the Wollongong boys.
It seems you want it both ways. When the team is doing well, its all thanks to the Illawarra juniors. When the team is performing poorly, its all the fault of St George for not providing enough juniors. :roll:

You're a throwback to the residental qualifications days. What it is with South Coasters and this heavy focus on 'local juniors'?

If the JV never happened, there'd be no Illawarra team and the Dragons would still be using the similar player signing and retention policies which saw them to four Grand Finals in the 1990s.
Since 2000, the policy has shifted more towards the Illawarra juniors. Don't get me wrong, its a great junior base which should be continually developed. But its not the only place to find players and since the JV saw a shift in policy, the returns haven't been coming.

The pendulum is due for another swing.

I don't want it both ways! (That's Dimitri!)

I just hate it when people continually bag out the Illawarra when the Dragons lose. Gees mate, it's the same bunch of boys every week, but for some reason when the Dragons lose, some forum members think the Illawarra guys don't give a rats.

The way I see it, the Dragons are lucky to have the Illawarra region. I'm not sure of the monetary figures, but surely it's all worth it in the end. You've come up with a team of 1st Graders, and a massively expanded (and still expanding) supporter base, just to name 2 benefits.

The Steelers may not be around if the Dragons didn't 'bail them out', but then again, Singo may have decided to get involved, or someone else with too much money might have bought in. I doubt that the Illawarra would be without a team.

The local juniors thing doesn't hold with me either. No NRL club relies on local juniors much anymore. Some more so than others, but the majority of 1st Grade players don't remain in their local area for their career.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"...if the Dragons didn't bail them [Steelers] out... Singo may have decided to get involved, or someone else with too much money..."
Come on, lets get look at reality, not fantasy.

RICHO

Juniors
Who knows though? Do you have a crystal ball? How do you know what may have happened?

How about the rest of it Willie? Is it not worth all the money the Dragons have poured in? Is it not worth it for the extended supporters base? For the juniors? For the 1st Grade team that you picked up?

Go on, admit it, the Illawarra isn't all bad for the Dragons!!

AnGeL

Juniors
the dragons need to learn how to play football and then maybe they will not get beaten week after week. panthers play like they did last week the dragons dont stand a chance....never know they might start throwing punches and knees if the game doesnt go their way

gregstar

Referee
AnGeL said:
the dragons need to learn how to play football and then maybe they will not get beaten week after week. panthers play like they did last week the dragons dont stand a chance....never know they might start throwing punches and knees if the game doesnt go their way
4 posts and you're already at the "best of" stage!
you're on fire champ - post on!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
AnGeL said:
the dragons need to learn how to play football and then maybe they will not get beaten week after week.
Have you been reading Charlie Saab's coaching manual?

AnGeL

Juniors
i have read any coaching manual...ive seen the dragons vs storm game 2 times now and u can tell the dragons have a bad attitude when they are losing...every team loses but i have noticed dragons fans like to blame something apart from the team cant play.

Latest posts