What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last nights game

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The problem is that the current NRL media rights deal ends at the close of 2011, meaning the Reds best chance of admittance will co-inside with the new media deal to begin in 2012.

If you follow the Titans blueprint of 1.5 years official setup/recruitment time in establishing a new club (which any new club should given the Gold Coasts success) the Reds would require final approval by the NRL partnership board by no later that May/June of 2010.

That time frame leaves WA with just over 12 months to make an undeniable case for inclusion. The people of WA really need to sellout the Souths/Melbourne match this year, attract a trial or two and go near selling them out next year, as well as work with the NRL and South Sydney to host the WA NRL game early in the 2010 season where the final public push for an NRL club should be made.

Time is very limited to make an undeniable case for inclusion in the NRL. Good Luck!

You could cut 6 months or more off that preptime. The Titans had to be created from scratch wheras the Reds are already well established. After playing in the lower grades for a few years it won't need to buy a whole squad of players either.

It'll basically be like a the Celtic Crusaders and their quick progression to SL.

BrisVegas

Juniors
You could cut 6 months or more off that preptime. The Titans had to be created from scratch wheras the Reds are already well established. After playing in the lower grades for a few years it won't need to buy a whole squad of players either.

It'll basically be like a the Celtic Crusaders and their quick progression to SL.

No, the WA Reds will need all the prep time they can get.

The Jim Beam Cup is NSW's 3rd rate competition, and NRL clubs would be lucky to get 1 or 2 players of NRL quality in such a feeder arrangement. Any youngsters that have been identified as talented will have already moved to QLD/NSW/VIC/NZ as part of an NRL clubs development program or U20s side.

There are multiple QLD-Cup teams playing out of the Gold Coast region, yet the Titans correctly went out and purchased a complete 25 player roster for their foundation year. Only now are they starting to bring through juniors playing in the backs, it will still be a few more years until the Titans are producing players capable of playing in the forwards.

The Reds will have to follow the Titans lead and sign 25 players of NRL standard from other clubs/overseas - to do which they will need 2 years in the player market.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Sydney Roosters came here with a holiday mentality. A team bonding session rather than a game/season preperation and League-promoting attitude. They cancelled a kiddies coaching clinic with Fremantle, Brad Fittler didn't bother turning up to a breakfast he was supposed to do (I believe he decided to play golf instead), and (again) Fittler didn't bother turning up to the post-game media conference. I have also been told by a couple of people that they were out on the drink a few nights of the week.

I really feel for the Freo kiddies. I would say a lot of these kids would support the Roosters because they are (Fremantle) Roosters themselves, they wear the same jerseys and colours as the Sydney Roosters, and they would probably look up to them as a result. For them to cancel on the kids is just wrong in my opinion.

I have also heard that the ARL or NRL are looking into these incidents and will have words to Fittler about them.

The St.George-Illawarra team, however, arrived on Monday, conducted several coaching clinics, attended dinners and breakfasts, and in general, did everything they could to promote the game and the NRL here.

Based on all of these things, I have gained more respect for the Dragons, while the Roosters have gone down quite a bit. They were about even in my books this time last week.

If that is right it is a disgrace. I was very disappointed when they announced only a handful of first teamers in the squad. I believe the WARL paid the clubs to come over, we should ask for our money back!!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
was $25-38 the pre-booking price?

the grandstand and lower tier on the eastern side was $50 for a walk up ticket, though sold out when I arrived

it was $40 for upper tier on the eastern side and $30 general admission in the southern corners and behind the posts

funnily enough it was really only the general admission areas that weren't sold out

Perth Red

Post Whore
was $25-38 the pre-booking price?

the grandstand and lower tier on the eastern side was $50 for a walk up ticket, though sold out when I arrived

it was $40 for upper tier on the eastern side and $30 general admission in the southern corners and behind the posts

funnily enough it was really only the general admission areas that weren't sold out

yeh, ridicuously expensive and for the quality on offer (well in the NRL game anyway) way way over priced. Hate to say I "told you so" but I did tell them so!

Perth Red

Post Whore
ps next year they need to ditch the pre season game and try and get two proper NRL games. (Although I can see some advantage from the point of view of squads can spend longer here and do more stull in development)

Latest posts