What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late mail vs Bunnies

Stagger eel

Staff member
TBH, I thought we were crap last year. We sort of bumbled around but made the 8.

We were good in 2005.

I don't think everyone is thinking of wholesale changes. People want Hages to use his team to their strengths not play a game which is unnatural to them. As most agree, Flamboyancy, is the team's natural state.

We've all seen in the past that Caylo, Hindy, Cordoba, Chad, Wags can actually pass. I don't have to mention that the backs can too.

don't be deluded into drawing parallels from last year, we are much poorer this year infact despite our position in the table which in my opinion is flattering, we're no where near being a top 8 side at the moment.

Eelectrica

Referee
If the Titans can knock of the Chooks with a very badly weakened side, don't see why we can't knock off Souths with a near full strength side.
Go Parra.

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
don't be deluded into drawing parallels from last year, we are much poorer this year infact despite our position in the table which in my opinion is flattering, we're no where near being a top 8 side at the moment.

Exactly. This team by all rights should be coming last or near last. It's only becuase of some comebacks, when the team needed to use their talent and natural flair, why they are still in the running for eighth spot.

Wins:
Great comback against the Bulldogs
Great comeback against Penrith
Huge win against a depleted Tigers
Close win against a reseve grade Storm
Close win against the Knights (one point)
Close win against the Dragons (one point)
Good win against the Raiders

There are only 1 or 2 good wins in there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Exactly. This team by all rights should be coming last or near last. It's only becuase of some comebacks, when the team needed to use their talent and natural flair, why they are still in the running for eighth spot.

Wins:

on most if not all cases, we comfortabley won the penalty count by big margons

Phillips

Referee
I can't see why Hagan cops the blame. Was he good in 2007? How come he is not considered good in 2008.
St George coach Nathan Brown was 'hopeless' eight weeks ago too.
Have faith.
Who do you want to replace the players. Are the JB CUp players any better..or the NYC players???
Which ones...

Hagan never been good.. f**ked up Newcastle, from a side full of superstars "2001" to a side full of nuffies that wouldnt make the reserve grade teams in group 11.

we should have finished 3rd last yr, finishing 5th was extremely disapointing.

Gronk

Staff member
just looking at those stats
we had a very good year in hindsight
i think the losses of tim smith, timana tahu, ian hindmarsh, aaron cannings and ben smith have really hurt us in 2008

If you put a line through Tahu, HindyI & Bubba (because that was planned) the loss that really hurt us was being without our playmaker. Injuries to Inu and Benny with Haynes poor form have turned a gun backline into an average one.

benoir91

Juniors
If you put a line through Tahu, HindyI & Bubba (because that was planned) the loss that really hurt us was being without our playmaker. Injuries to Inu and Benny with Haynes poor form have turned a gun backline into an average one.

i just hope the backline clicks tonight, when hagan put a rocket up them after the dragons game last year we went on a good run and many were putting us as 2nd to win the premiership, maybe hagan should put a rocket up em after the next loss, then that backline that has vanished will re appear

Fathead

Bench

Wins:

U are right. We certainly are a lot higher on the table than we deserve. We have had some real lucky bounces with the ball and some good refs.
I see a team like the Raiders. Sure they are about 12th but they are missing most of their top side through long term injury. We have bugger all injuries and still play like interlopers.
Its called spirit. Maybe the best thing that can happen to parra is that we get a whole lot of season ending injuries and see if there is any spirit left in this side?

lucablight

First Grade
WTF ? We got beat in the game before the GF by Storm in Melbourne who went on to win the comp. How can anyone bag that result ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NRL_Season_Results

No offence but alot of your comments make you sound like an apologist. I'm sure you can't deny we dropped alot of games we should have won at the end of last year which could have put us into 3rd place and given us a crack at Manly instead of Melbourne in the semi final. It was a wasted opportunity. A mediocre end to the season was saved by a good run into the finals.