What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late to the field, Wiki, Latimore

Meth

Staff member
3 incidents that have/will all seen us fined. Should we just laugh these off, or is this indicative of a lack of professionalism at the club?

I can accept that the Warriors weren't intentionally trying to leave the Roosters hanging (although somebody should have thought about how to get them onto the field on time- the excuse that they usually come in from the #2 field is a pretty weak one)

I can accept that Wiki was in the heat of a moment and found himself in the middle of a situation that he thought needed mediating. (It's not like he did anything provocative or aggressive)

I suppose the Latimore one does my head in more than anything else. How hard is it to run out onto the field as per team list?

JAG

Juniors
I think out of the 3 incidents, the Wiki one is the only one which can be excused. He just found himself caught in the middle of the push and shove, not a lot he could do. Running away wasn't really an option.

I was going to say the other two were amateur, but that would be insulting amateur clubs.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
the late to the field one is just embarrassing. they cited needed a new warm up ground. the vulcans were playing on the #1 ground because the #2 ground is being resurfaced. clearly the club knew about the whole thing weeks in advance. it was as clear as day when we were arriving....so how the f**k did the first grade team not know until 30 minutes before kickoff?

The Roosters delay was awesome

In a way it helped us win because they were edgy waiting for us

Ill take a fine for a delay as long as we win :)

The Latimore incident is the only issue that should be talked about, shame about the professionalism there but our club better get it right from now on, just no excuse for it fullstop

ozbash

Referee
The Roosters delay was awesome

The Storm did it to us a couple of years ago in the first round.
40 degrees at the time and probably 5 or so more inside Telstra. Players stood there and sweltered.

Needless to say they hammered us.

Meth

Staff member
I was playing indoor cricket once and our batsmen were pissing around ignoring the umpire's warnings to get in. The umpire then ordered a start to play and we lost 10 runs via 2 wickets before the batsmen scampered in.

Imagine if the refs did that.

hitman82

Bench
Haha... at indoor soccer they give the other team 1 point per minute after kick-off should have started.

ozbash

Referee
The New Zealand Warriors have been fined $A1000 ($NZ1330) by the NRL for making a late change to their starting line-up before last Saturday's loss at Manly.
The club's third breach notice in two weeks was issued today after Jeremy Latimore started at prop instead of the listed Russell Packer at Brookvale Oval.
Latimore was originally named on the interchange bench while Packer was a late replacement for original starting prop Jacob Lillyman, who withdrew with a hamstring injury.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4902486/Warriors-fined-again

LeagueNut

First Grade
I can accept that the Warriors weren't intentionally trying to leave the Roosters hanging (although somebody should have thought about how to get them onto the field on time- the excuse that they usually come in from the #2 field is a pretty weak one)
Especially when you consider that they run on and off using the East Stand entrance at halftime ...

Anyway the lateness is a lack of professionalism from whoever is running things at Mt Smart - the "events coordinator" or whatever they call themselves.

The Wiki thing is a one-off, not too worried.

The Latimore thing is just weird. I'm pretty sure we've had a similar breach sometime over the last few years as well. What I don't get is why do we need to swap bench players around almost every week - is this Cleary's idea of "foxing" the opposition??

Meth

Staff member
What I don't get is why do we need to swap bench players around almost every week - is this Cleary's idea of "foxing" the opposition??

haha no wonder the opposition are generally so disorientated when they line up against us

Warmess

Juniors
haha no wonder the opposition are generally so disorientated when they line up against us

Does this mean even Warriors players aren't aware of the switches? They look pretty disoriented for about 80 minutes.

Iafeta

Referee
Professionalism on the field starts off the field with the back office and day-to-day operations. If you can't get your team organised as per the team-sheet then I think there's serious issues in professional management at play. That's just throwing money away but it sets a poor example that its acceptable to be tardy.

Latest posts