What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Last Week

Bench
So will the NRL register a 1-year 400k contract for Latrell at Souths when he turned down 1.1m per year over 4 at the Tigers?

Is this kid seriously the dumbest person alive? I thought he was "chasing the money, bruh!"

You know, other than journos saying it, I've never heard Latrell or his management, or even the other clubs, saying that it was all about money.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
You know, other than journos saying it, I've never heard Latrell or his management, or even the other clubs, saying that it was all about money.

I’d suggest it’s fair to say that when you’re offered 800k per year including an upgrade on your current deal and you tell the club you want to “test the market” it’s about the money... kudos to us for pulling the deal when he notified us he was going to look at other offers.

gerg

Juniors
They definately should not, he has to be signed at market value. Tigers offered 1m, that's his value. Otherwise the NRL should kiss there already loose salary cap goodbye. Parra could not sign Izzy for this reason

C'mon. The NRLs salary cap has been a bit of a joke for some time now. 'Consistency in the NRL is overrated' Greenberg February 2019. #Neverforget

Reactions: PJ

Last Week

Bench
I’d suggest it’s fair to say that when you’re offered 800k per year including an upgrade on your current deal and you tell the club you want to “test the market” it’s about the money... kudos to us for pulling the deal when he notified us he was going to look at other offers.

And by all reports, he was offered more money but didn't take it.

That indicates that it wasn't entirely about money.

I dunno, these comments would lead people to believe oitherwise -

“I’ll do what’s right for my family & I. No one has any influence over my decisions. I’ve moved out of home at age 15 to give myself a life. Now I have the responsibility of giving my kids a life I didn’t have.”

That was a direct quote from Latrell in November 2019.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/l...m/news-story/d0144453f036a7aae56961c569462bce

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors

That’s happened after the fact though hasn’t it? When you wake up and realise that taking your career to the tigers maybe isn’t such a great idea. That maybe you’ve been getting some shitty advice from all and sundry including your manager.

Unfortunately by that time the ship had sailed.

When he decided to take our offer to market it was about the money. Maybe now not so much..

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Look clearly has has decided to play for Souths because they have a much better reputation than the chooks. They are right up there with the broncos to be fair

TheDalek079

Bench
Yeah nah, we signed Teddy when he was an Italian representative. Through our great systems overseen by Lord Robbo, we were able to develop him into the kangaroos fullback. To say that we bought him as part of the Aussie spine is incorrect. You could say that we bought somebody who would go on to become part of the Aussie spine though.

Spot On

Coach

No, you could argue it was not entirely about money now this shit show is where it is at now.. stupidity has seemingly contributed in large part to the process.

The fact that, 'No one has any influence over my decisions' looks to be 100% correct.

And here we are.

Valheru

Coach

I get what you are saying.

I have a feeling this was all about getting more money... at the roosters.

It was just woefully mismanaged by his team thus we revoked the offer immediately. We didn't do that with RTS as an example.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah nah, we signed Teddy when he was an Italian representative. Through our great systems overseen by Lord Robbo, we were able to develop him into the kangaroos fullback. To say that we bought him as part of the Aussie spine is incorrect. You could say that we bought somebody who would go on to become part of the Aussie spine though.
He'd be the Australian fullback regardless of who he played for. Bait rating 4/10

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I get what you are saying.

I have a feeling this was all about getting more money... at the roosters.

It was just woefully mismanaged by his team thus we revoked the offer immediately. We didn't do that with RTS as an example.

It was about wanting to play fullback and seeing a roadblock in his way