What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lauititi extends his stay at Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonE

Bench
It was rumoured he may return to the NRL with the Gold Coast but I think this is good news for the Rhinos and SL.
What a backrow Leeds will have next year with him Peacock and Ellis.

SFW

Juniors
Leeds' back row for next year is simply awesome but they are selling themselves short in the front row if you ask me. They only have 3 front-line props for next year in Bailey, Ward and Nick Scruton. I expect them to get one more on board but even then I'm not sure that's enough for a long season.

AliN

Live Update Team
yeah I thought he'd piled on a bit of beef too. Shame he's not coming back to NZ..

I think it was a good move by the Warriors and NZ are better off without him.

Yes he had tallent, but he was lazy and just not fully commited to the Warriors at all.

You get rid of players like that. You keep the guys that are commited, that work hard and who want to do anything it takes to win.

Lauitiiti is a shadow of the player he once was. You can even compare how he is now to the player he was at his best (By the way he played his best football for about a year and a half!).

His only saving grace is the fact that his current attitudes are accepted in the UK competition and rather then looking at him and saying "If he put the effort in he could be something special" they look at him in the UK and say "Geez he is special".

Of course, they think the same thing of Dennis Moran and Joe Vagana over there so as you can see....their standards are lower then the Warriors.

And that is a good thing for NZRL.

bartman

Immortal
nospam49™ said:
You get rid of players like that. You keep the guys that are commited, that work hard and who want to do anything it takes to win.

What if you have no one left with that type of commitment? Do you just ship them all off and not have a team? :lol: That has been the Warriors dilemma, not whether one particular player was putting in. I would argue you should instead get rid of the "factors" that were making many great players not utlise their talents around the same time.

Ali was not alone at the Warriors in having his performance and commitment slip at the time. I'd imagine your "special" opinions about the standards of the UK competition that lead you to conclude Ali's absence is good for the NZRL would hardly draw agreement from or provide any solace to any committed fan of NZ league?

These players are not special. There is always someone willing to put the effort in.

The Warriors had a number of lazy players come through at the same time. They did their best to turn them around but they realise it just was not going to happen.

Those are the facts. Deal with them.

bartman

Immortal
nospam49™ said:
Those are the facts. Deal with them.
You say that like it's a threat, or like I'd be really bothered :lol: Anything anyone types is just their opinion of the facts, nothing more.

Funny though how most of those lazy players who "came through" once had the energy to get NZ to the grand final in 2002? You have chosen to be simplistic and controversial in your "facts" instead of making the effort for a deeper analysis which in itself says something about being lazy. ;-)

Back on topic for the rest of us... Leeds obviously want to and are able to secure the best available backrowers for their squad. Losing McKenna and gaining Peacock, paired with signing Ellis the year before (and Lauitiiti the year before that) mean they're going about things the right way.

I agree with the point about the Leeds front row. I think that's where Hull made a lot of advantage in the Cup Final, and without another buy it may also prove a weak spot next year?

Its not a threat, Im just telling you what the facts are in this situation and to try and deal with it rather then carry on like a little girl as some of these posters do.

And I said before, Lauitiiti had a good year and a half. He just stopped putting in the effort like a number of Warriors players did.

The Warriors got rid of these players....and thats a good thing.

bartman

Immortal
I don't see anyone carrying here on like a little girl? Oh, hang on a sec... ;-)

And since you felt the urge to repeat what you'd said before, I will do the same to bring the thread back on the intended topic:

Leeds obviously want to and are able to secure the best available backrowers for their squad. Losing McKenna and gaining Peacock, paired with signing Ellis the year before (and Lauitiiti the year before that) mean they're going about things the right way.

I agree with the point about the Leeds front row. I think that's where Hull made a lot of advantage in the Cup Final, and without another buy it may also prove a weak spot next year?

ESL - Wire

Juniors
He's been up and down this season, one of his best games was at Warrington two months ago.

Well said Bartman, you prove yet again that LF is worthless, he's a nobody over here. :D

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
LF, could you clarify exactly when Ali stopped trying for the Warriors?

He only returned from injury in late 2003, and his last game in 2003 v the Panthers is one of the best games I ever saw him play. He only played about 4 games in 2004 before he was sent packing.

ozboy

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
LF, could you clarify exactly when Ali stopped trying for the Warriors?

He only returned from injury in late 2003, and his last game in 2003 v the Panthers is one of the best games I ever saw him play. He only played about 4 games in 2004 before he was sent packing.

Why do you think he was sent packing ?

He got homesick or something ????

SFW

Juniors
Pistol said:
What about Jamie Jones Buchanan? Is he not a Rhino for next season.

Yeah he's still there for 2006, he's had a pretty good season.

He's spent a bit of time covering in the front row but he isn't suited to that kind of role IMO. Will be interesting to see how he gets on next year.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ozboy said:
Why do you think he was sent packing ?

He got homesick or something ????

???

Just point out where he stopped trying. Which games. The 4 (I think, or was it 5) at the start of 2004? You'd sack him on the basis of that?

No, I don't blame the NRL btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.