What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lay off Luke!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I updated my post sorry RJ. I noticed that you wanted Hayne at fullback as well, you just didn't think it would happen in an ideal world. I misread. Discuss what HJ said, what a crock.

"If HaHa wants to play fullback, I'm sure Wenty would accomodate him."

Sometimes I actually think HJ is a troll.

I've been calling for it since early 2008:lol:

hindy111

Post Whore
Burt is loyal but he aint that good-cmon.
He has 2-3 great games a year.The rest are just average games ..
He doesnt run from dummy half-Andis scared of beeing hit

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well said, Lukey has never let us down

he maybe not as gifted as some, but you dont see him sulk and whinge to the media if he's been played out of position and play a crap game because he's not in the right mood

much in the same category as Reddy, a true club man and not just here to fill his pockets

Swiftstylez

Bench
well said, Lukey has never let us down

he maybe not as gifted as some, but you dont see him sulk and whinge to the media if he's been played out of position and play a crap game because he's not in the right mood

much in the same category as Reddy, a true club man and not just here to fill his pockets

Yep, he is a good winger and very loyal. I'd be sad to see him go.

Stagger eel

Staff member
no player in the history of this club will ever get closer to Mick Cronin's club record than Luke Burt..than in itself demands respect...

we salute you Burty!!!

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Hello to all. Finally got a recognised email address so I could add my thoughts.

It disappoints greatly to read so many supporters putting the knife into Luke Burt.

While he may not be the worlds greatest, he has been around for a long, long time working his butt off and getting bashed from pillar to post each time he brings the ball back. If he was the size of Hindy I have no doubt he would be making 40 tackles and doing 15 hitups as well.

He has demonstrated an ability to sniff out a try by supporting the ball carrier but sadly the opportunity to do so no longer comes his way through being perched out on the wing and no real ball players.

With all the crap we went through earlier in the season (and still going through e.g. robson) around the halves, I wonder was he ever a consideration at 5/8. A player of his cool and experience might well have flourished and provided guidance to morts and some of our younger forwards etc..

If, as some other threads suggest, he is off to the rabbits in 2010 then I think he deserves to be shown a little more respect in his remaining time here.

If we had a few others that tried as hard week in week out we may well be in a better position than we are.

Had to get that off my chest... hopefully my next post will be something more positive after we thump the dogs this weekend.

BGB

I like your username \\\\:D/:lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Luke Burt 3 tries this Saturday running over the top of Hazem, and will kick 7 from 7 (Burt not Hazem)

Go Burty

TheRam

Coach
Well, you'd pretty much have to be a goal kicker for ten years, so it's not too much of a stretch.

What would you know fool? Over the next 50 or 100 yrs, if Parra is still around, anything is possible. Goose!! Jeez you're stupid. In fact everything you say or think is pretty much stupid.

Utey

Coach
Mate, if you toot your own horn any more IT WILL FALL OFF.

Yes, you made a call and it proved correct - mention 3000 more times and you will still be just as correct and people will still be just as disinterested!
:lol::lol: RJ = OWNED!

Latest posts