What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League and the Jewish community

Stalin

Juniors
I've heard stories that West Brom are gaining an extensive Asian supporter base some of who have even turned the tables on the Combat 18 types.

Gav-bt

Juniors
"I've heard stories that West Brom are gaining an extensive Asian supporter base some of who have even turned the tables on the Combat 18 types."

There is a very large Asian population in the WestMidlands area, so it's quite possibly true. Leicester City have a sizeable Asian supporter base, although I think a lot ofLeicestersAsain populationare Hindus and Sikhs.

imported_kier

Juniors
If it's true about the WBA support then I suppose it backs up what I said earlier. Going back to the origional query though - there are enough tensions between white (anglo saxon/christian) racists and asians to occupy any gangs or crews without bringing a muslim/jewish tension to the mix.

In my experience most UK asians are relatively unconcerned about jewish/muslim tensions in day-to-day live in Britain. In fact in my school/area where I used to teach the biggest racial problem was dealing with the tension between the muslim and Sikh/Hindu populations.

Interesting sidenote that i forgot to mention yesterday, i think i did see the skull in attendance at the dragons game on Sunday. Seemed as nutty as ever, waving his hands around pre-match and geeing up the crowd (apologies if this was not the skull, but im pretty sure it was ;))

It was great, before the game started, there was at least 10 minutes of banter between the opposing fan groups. Souths tried to get the upper hand and were loud in voice, although the imitation of Saints fans made them lose points in my book. I hope more footy goes back to the SCG next year, perhaps a round 1 game where we would have a real chance of selling it out

Or how about if the test match this year was played at the SCG??????

Moffo

imported_Tonyp

Juniors
Last year, when the two teams met, it was a more one sided contest. The Saints fans chanted "You're so f*cked, it's unbelieveable". To which the long suffereing Souths fans offered "We're so pissed, it's quite acceptable".

Gav-bt

Juniors
I used to have a football book, it was probably printed in the late 60's. Inside there was a section on the Spurs side of the late 50's to mid 60's with a few crowd photo's. The crowd shot's which judging by the fashions date to theearly 60's show lot's of Asian faces.

Latest posts