What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League comp (ala Soccer comp)

I was thinking it would be awesome to have a league style comp (similair to the soccer one)

Has anyone heard of an established one ?

If not, I might have a go at it next year.

You pick a squad of 17 players with 3.25 million

whatever points your players score in a game, they score for your side (4 for a try, 2 for a goal etc)

-5 for a sin bin, -10 for a send off

a point for every player who gets on the field

forwards with less than 15 tackles -5 points, more than 20 tackles 5 points (nothing for between 15 and 20).

similair points for hit ups

be hard to do, especially working out player values.

Any ideas on how we could do it or other points allocated ?

L

legend

Great idea mate. I'd be willing to help you out with this one. I would suggest that you come up with the top ten players in the game and assign them a value. You have to also work out an aggregate value for each position and possibly rank each player by position and see whether or not they are above or below that value. If the player is a Kangaroo tourist you have to assign a value of no less than 300-350k depending on position. I will have a go with Canberra and maybe that can be a template to work off. A minimum value must als obe set of say 80-100k and I think you will need to extend the squad to 25 players for each team to cover for injuries.

L

legend

These are my values for Canberra. They will need fine tuning as this is only a rough draft.

<table border=1 bordercolor=#000000 cellpadding=1 cellspacing=1> <tbody> <tr> <td>Schifcofske</td> <td>fullback</td> <td>250k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Manuel</td> <td>wing</td> <td>175k</td></tr> <tr> <td>J Monaghan</td> <td>centre</td> <td>140k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Woolfgramm</td> <td>centre</td> <td>160k</td></tr> <tr> <td>M Robertson</td> <td>wing</td> <td>120k</td></tr> <tr> <td>McLinden</td> <td>5/8</td> <td>300k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Finch</td> <td>half</td> <td>240k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Croker</td> <td>lock</td> <td>300k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Wiki</td> <td>2nd row</td> <td>250k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Tongue</td> <td>2nd row</td> <td>180k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Davico</td> <td>Prop</td> <td>280k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Woolford</td> <td>hooker</td> <td>300k</td></tr> <tr> <td>O'Hara</td> <td>prop</td> <td>130k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Mapp</td> <td>2nd row</td> <td>160k</td></tr> <tr> <td>Hodgson</td> <td>2nd row</td> <td>180k</td></tr> <tr> <td>M Monaghan</td> <td>half</td> <td>180k</td></tr> <tr> <td>J Lolesi</td> <td>centre</td> <td>200k</td></tr> <tr> <td>T Martin</td> <td>2nd row</td> <td>180k</td></tr> <tr> <td>T Payten</td> <td>Prop</td> <td>220k</td></tr> <tr> <td>A Peters</td> <td>Prop</td> <td>170k</td></tr> <tr> <td>B Kelly</td> <td>Centre</td> <td>175k</td></tr> <tr> <td>S Kelly</td> <td>Centre</td> <td>175k</td></tr> <tr> <td>T Smith</td> <td>2nd row</td> <td>230k</td></tr> <tr> <td>S Rutgerson</td> <td>prop</td> <td>170k</td></tr> <tr> <td>L Williamson</td> <td>utility</td> <td>180k</td></tr></tbody></table>

TheSaint

Juniors
I think this is something one of the papers should run. The Australian does an English Soccer comp. If the Telegraph sortedit out, they run the comp with prize money.The catch is you register with a 0055 number.

Hopefully the telecrap will come up with somehting like this by then, but if not we'll give it a go in the off season.

Matt O - if you are reading this (or if anyone on here emails matt o) maybe we could get it linked to WORLand have it online ?

Latest posts