What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League kicks bottom in ratings

iggy plop

First Grade
bula_stormer said:
Obviously dont care much for the good of the game Iggy?

Yes I do. I'm passionately in love with it. It's a worry really.

Just not anything to do with that ramble called AFL. Sorry to offend you there Melbourne boy, I know you love your schoolyard scrapfest.

bula_stormer

Juniors
LoL, i Live in Penrith and i know how much AFL interest there is out here. But yeah who cares, AFL sucks and always will.

iggy plop

First Grade
bula_stormer said:
LoL, i Live in Penrith and i know how much AFL interest there is out here. But yeah who cares, AFL sucks and always will.

Glad we agree.

Love live Tristan Brady Smith.

bartman

Immortal
Let's just make sure the attendance at Telstra Stadium for the league semi on Friday is bigger than the Attendance at the SCG for the Swans semi, eh?

aussies1st

Staff member
At last the NRL has won back Sydney. Now time to attempt the impossible and win Melbourne. :D

Misty Bee

First Grade
bulla stormer said:
Cmon guys thats the perspective in Melbourne on the Storm by Afl fans. As much as i hate AFL i still hope that Sydney sticks it up their arse and beat them in their own game.

bartman said:
Let's just make sure the attendance at Telstra Stadium for the league semi on Friday is bigger than the Attendance at the SCG for the Swans semi, eh?

Good perspective, Fellas. Just goes to show that, despite the bluring of traditionallines with the placement of the Storm and the Swans, Sydney and Melbourne still watch sport on taditional lines.

Therefore, if C10 have to ball to go head to head with a FNF blockbuster, why the hell can't C9 do the same in Melbourne?

The Swans are still a chance to outdraw Wests, even though the bloody lot of us owe it to the Tigers to welcome them into the finals by showing up - their play this year has been nothing short of sensational, and a great shot in the arm for the code.

If only League broadcasters had the same fainth in their code as AFL broadcasters.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
bartman said:

Exactly if their isn't over 43000 at Telstra then the AFL will claim it as a victory no matter what the circumstances. Tv raitings will tell of the real popularity but they will ignore that and focus on the crowd.

wittyfan

Referee
All this just highlights what little power the Swans have, not just in the AFL, but in the general Sydney area as well. I don't think you'll ever see in the NRL where semi finals are moved about unfairly to give teams extra "rest".

Still, it will be a strong argument for the Swans in future years if the Tigers-Cowboys semi draws poorly.

meltiger

First Grade
joel caine number 1 fan said:
not forgetting aparently olympic park yesterday was sold out for the soccer and i heard afl only got 15,000 for a finals game :lol:

25K were there to watch Nth Melbourne.... more than the soccer game.

No one gives a crap about Nth Melbourne down here ... No one hides that fact - My club have more paid up members than went to watch North Melbourne yesterday lol

Brutus

Referee
sullyfan said:
All this just highlights what little power the Swans have, not just in the AFL, but in the general Sydney area as well. I don't think you'll ever see in the NRL where semi finals are moved about unfairly to give teams extra "rest".

Still, it will be a strong argument for the Swans in future years if the Tigers-Cowboys semi draws poorly.

It's up to Telstra Stadium if they want to appease their number one tenant throughout the year which is rugby league. The AFL only play a handful of games there each year and on those 3 occasions only half fill the stadium.

League fills the stadium twice a year and plays numerous games there.

Good to see Telstra Stadium sticking with their number one tenant. And bad luck to the Swans for coming last in their timeslot for most of the broadcast the other night. :lol:

Surandy

Bench
TheEelsFanatic said:
yeah hopefully finals will be live

In Melbourne? Not bloody likely if Ch Nein's AFL biased programming department get their way (which they undoubtedly will).

Friday night 4th vs 5th: 11:35pm (it it starts on time, which rarely happens)
Saturday night 3rd vs 6th (Storm game): Not televised
Saturday night 2nd vs 7th: Not televised
Sunday afternoon 1st vs 8th: 11:30pm (see Friday night game)

This is based on http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide as of the time of posting.

Edit: Oh, and the Sunday "afternoon" game telecast will be up against the final Ashes match (the decider), and the Belgian Grand Prix.

Latest posts