What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League ratings record last night.

pcpp

Juniors
Thomas said:
iggy plop said:
It also kills anything the Wallabies have dished up this year as well. :lol: :lol:

eh??

The biggest union game of the australian union year rated 600,000. 111,000 less than the league game that the sydneysiders had no one to support.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if Nine release the figures for yesterdays game.

A report on 3AW indicated it was well watched but offical figures have been released as yet.

Paullyboy

Coach
Its very worrying that the AFL got so close though. I was expecting a whitewash, in the Courier Mail today the two averaged a lot closer than they should have. f**ken Victorians, so many of the punks have migrated north

russ13

First Grade
Wait till the AFL team in Brisbane starts losing matches-lets see what their TV rating will be then.

The best OzTam TV ratings for the year for RU were for the Bledislow test in Sydney. The average figures were 603,125 in Sydney & 330,737 in Brisbane;Melbourne 238,172;Adelaide 88,876;Perth 164,448.

j_tig

Juniors
i would wager that these figures were reflected in pubs and clubs around sydney as well! the club i was in had more people standing around watching the game and cheering the cowboys on then i have seen all year!
should be the same again this weekend - once again the underdogs will take on the might of the team that everyone is starting to hate!

Grantwhy

Juniors
http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,10829917%5E14787,00.html

WIN Television's ratings hit record levels on Saturday night, with the audience share in Townsville peaking at 93 per cent.

WIN's exclusive coverage of the North Queensland Cowboys-Brisbane Broncos semi-final rated through the roof in regional Queensland and New South Wales, attracting an audience of 854,609 across the two states.

The second semi-final between the Bulldogs and the Melbourne Storm on Sunday pulled an average audience of 533,792.

WIN Television Townsville manager Corey Pitt said he had been blown away by the monster ratings.

"They are unbelievable ratings," Pitt said.

"I have never heard of that type of audience share in my life.

"It is just an outstanding achievement."

93 per cent Ratings peak :shock:

:clap:

JK

Maybe I should buy a cowboys jersey for sunday?

I like a good bandwagon :lol:

wow - congrats on having a bigger city.

get some decent crowds at the minnows games and then come back and compare the NRL to the AFL.

the only thing the NRL has that is superior to the AFL is the official website.

iggy plop

First Grade
82,000 watched the Port v St Kilda prelim final shown in Sydney on friday night at 9.40pm.

48,000 watched the Cowboys v Broncos in Melbourne starting at around midnight!

Had the Cowboys v Broncos game been shown at say 9.40pm in Melbourne I reckon it would have got around the same figure as the AFL in Sydney (Port v St Kilda)

It's time the NRL starting to take a look at these figures and promote the game south of the Murray. The Storm get Swans-like ratings when they are live yet can only crack it for one game per year in a half-decent timeslot. Of course the Swans get all of their games shown in Sydney at desirable times with mass promotion.

C'mon NRL lets get more league on in Melbourne. If those pansies can hammer us with their game up here, we can certainly do it to them down there.

Sorry but as soon as melbourne gets its super14 team, the parmatta chairman is going to get his wish and the storm will be moved somewhere else. i personally prefer league to union, and hopefully will not mourn the passing of the storm because the tigers will be back in balmain by the time they have to uproot to the central coast or gold coast.

me the sellout? hello i am the guy who's team was uprooted and renamed. i am principally an AFL fan anyway and rugby league will slot nicely into 4th spot on the pecking order behind my afl side, my soccer sides, my cricket sides. i would rather melbourne have a RL team than a super14 team but i can assure you that most here in melbourne would rather a union side.

if reg reagan can get bring back the biff into the top 10 on the aussie charts then i can get the bring back balmain ethic into the people here.

Latest posts