What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League shits all over Union yet again

NPK

Bench
Last night in Brisbane the 2 rival codes went head to head. Crowd figures:

Broncos game : 27,514.

Reds game: 10,482.

Says it all really.
:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BUT BUT BUT... the union people all wanted to watch on tv...

what a pathetic sport.

LEAGUE FOREVER!

weasel

First Grade
27k for a top of the table clash at Suncorp isn't great. Geez in 2003, Brisbane vs St George, eighth vs ninth, meaningless clash, got 35k.

NPK

Bench
weasel said:
27k for a top of the table clash at Suncorp isn't great. Geez in 2003, Brisbane vs St George, eighth vs ninth, meaningless clash, got 35k.

27k for a club game is still a lot better than the 10.5k that went to see the STATE team play for that code. If people loved union as much as they want us to believe, people would have travelled from all over Queensland to see the game, just like Broncos and Cowboys supporters do.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
I watched the reds game then flicked it over to the league last night.

I guess the league game having 2 top teams playing, helped with the crowds.

The Reds are a joke and last night battle was for the spoon.

I guess the bottom of the super 12 table clash really helped the crowds with the union. What kind of crowds do we get to the bottom of the table clashes in the NRL 3 - 4000 people? I guess it depends if it is a roosters home game and the dodgy crowd figures they produce.

I went to see the NSW V Canturbury same at the SFS the other week. The crowds there were a heap better than any league game this season.

Oh and before someone has a dig at me. I follow league first, then it's union.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NPK said:
Last night in Brisbane the 2 rival codes went head to head. Crowd figures:

Broncos game : 27,514.

Reds game: 10,482.

Says it all really.

Not really a fair comparison of the popularity of the game atm

The Broncos in the top few, and the Reds last.

If the positions on the ladder were switched, its be a different story.

Ghoulies

Bench
guess the bottom of the super 12 table clash really helped the crowds with the union. What kind of crowds do we get to the bottom of the table clashes in the NRL 3 - 4000 people? I guess it depends if it is a roosters home game and the dodgy crowd figures they produce.

3-4000 people? :lol:

One of the stupidest things I've ever read.

t-ba

Post Whore
Snappy Tom said:
I went to see the NSW V Canturbury same at the SFS the other week. The crowds there were a heap better than any league game this season.

No...No they weren't :lol: .

But beyond that, The Waratahs should be selling out every match. After Auckland, it's probably the biggest city on the planet in regards to registered union players...If the ARU has 160,000 players as it claims, Sydney would have to have 1/3, possibly half of that number.

OVP

Coach
Snappy Tom said:

Oh and before someone has a dig at me. I follow league first, then it's union.

There's no need to have a dig at you mate, you named yourself after cat food. Self Ownage at its very best ...

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
guess the bottom of the super 12 table clash really helped the crowds with the union. What kind of crowds do we get to the bottom of the table clashes in the NRL 3 - 4000 people? I guess it depends if it is a roosters home game and the dodgy crowd figures they produce.

You must be the one of the people who count for the Rooster home games, or just started watching league in the past few months. I have seen a few games over the years with 3 - 4000 people.

I even remember a game at Brookvale a few years ago that was in the hundreds.

t-ba

Post Whore
You must be the one of the people who count for the Rooster home games, or just started watching league in the past few months. I have seen a few games over the years with 3 - 4000 people.

Not since the late 1990's...and if you want to start talking about creative attendance figures Onion has it all over league...

Maybe you're mixing it up with a Manly Marlins Onion match. Brookvale's lowest Recorded Crowd in the last 40 years was 2000 or so during the Super League year.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
t-ba said:

Maybe you're mixing it up with a Manly Marlins Onion match. Brookvale's lowest Recorded Crowd in the last 40 years was 2000 or so during the Super League year.

Well I remember it well on TV. Then again I guess it would not be a figure the record archives at Brookvale way would like to keep.

t-ba

Post Whore
Snappy Tom said:
t-ba said:

Well I remember it well on TV. Then again I guess it would not be a figure the record archives at Brookvale way would like to keep.

We'll, your memory is shot to sh*t.

Ticketek dispenses the attendance figures btw, not Manly.

Ghoulies

Bench
Snappy Tom said:
Ghoulies said:

I have seen a few games over the years with 3 - 4000 people.

Get out of the 90s mate, crowds havent been that low since the SL days.

t-ba

Post Whore
Snappy Tom said:
t-ba said:
Snappy Tom said:
t-ba said:

We'll, your memory is shot to sh*t.

Ticketek dispenses the attendance figures btw, not Manly.

What for the past 40 years?

No...but:

snappy tom said:

I wasn't aware two score was a 'few years ago' snappy tom.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Well the 90's were only a few years ago. Still there have been several games with piss poor crowds.

Still to make quotes about the Union and League games last night in Brisbane.

Choking QLD Reds V Cats battle for the spoon to get 10,000 fans.

Brisbane V Eagles more a battle towards the top of the table.

Which game would normally get bigger crowds? A battle towards the top of the ladder or the celler dwellers?

Latest posts