What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League v Union charity game

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Why not just play touch footy or oztag. That pisses off the risk of major injury but i very much doubt it would sell many tickets at all. For mine this is what the rules would look like.

Lineouts-No Jumping
Contested Scrums but No hit
5m Offside
Play the ball with raking allowed
10 Tackles
No penalty goals
League scoring system

Stranger

Coach
yeah lol League would be up 6-0 and union would kick two drop goals and wonder why they were behind still :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
I thnik the games need to be matchs. Make it a composite team from S 12 v a composite team from Group 3! A side based on the Wingham Tigers would smash 'em!

innsaneink

Referee
Even though it was never on, its now off.

Theyre talking on the news tonite about a North V South (hemispheres) rugby only tsunami aid match.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Either way, the initiative has been lost. Cricket got it's act together very quickly, and to it's credit. Anything done now would only be in it's shadow, and reek of a publicity stunt.

Having said that, any organisation with the Tsunami victims at the core of it's thinking has to be applauded. If Union can pull it off, then :clap: :clap: :clap: to Union.