What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Doran, anybody?

bartman

Immortal
Anyone heard of him? He's supposedly a scrum-half from Parramatta...?
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,10-1158725,00.html

Apparently London Broncos have traded Denis Moran to Wigan :shock:, because they think this bloke is set to "light up Griffin Park".

WARRIORS CAPTURE AUSSIE MORAN
Sunday 7th November 2004

Wigan have filled the gap left by Adrian Lam's retirement as they announced the signing of London Broncos' Dennis Moran on a two-year deal.
The Australian, who appeared for the Broncos on 109 occasions in Super League since joining from Parramatta in 2001, was recommended by the departing Lam who retired at the end of the season.

And the 27-year-old, who led the Super League tryscoring charts in 2002 and 2003, was relishing the chance to play for the Warriors.

"I have enjoyed my time at London Broncos but I have been given a wonderful chance to join a great club," said Moran.

"At 27, I think I have just reached my peak and I am ambitious to win trophies. Playing with a talented Wigan side makes me very excited."

Wigan chairman Maurice Lindsay added: "We are delighted to have been able to sign one of the country's most exciting scrum-halves following the retirement of Adrian Lam.

"He was actually recommended to us by Adrian, who always said he was one of the most talented scrum-halves he had ever played against.

"We have admired Dennis for several seasons and he has had some tremendous games against us and was outstanding against us when we lost to London Broncos this year. He balances our side and we now have several options available to us."

London may have already filled the vacancy by lining up another Australian scrum-half Lee Doran of Parramatta.

Broncos chief executive Nic Cartwright said: "Obviously we did not want to lose Dennis. He's a very talented player who has improved significantly since joining our club and his replacement will have big shoes to fill.

"In the next day or two London fans will read about a new number seven who is set to light up Griffin Park."

Phillips

Referee
never heard of him :?

but good to see Moran go to a better club....still i wish it was Bradford he went to :x

Stagger eel

Staff member
just read that myself.

it's an obvious error, they're obviously thinking of Lee Hopkins...but as a scrum half????...please :roll:

someone there is playing whith themselves. 8)

PTB

Juniors
It's Luke Dorn, we've been linked with him for ages.

Also been linked with Mark McLinden (Canberra) as well.

The "lighting-up Griffin Park" line was just a bit of PR to hide the fact we've just sold the only player capable of helping us survive relegation.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PTB said:
It's Luke Dorn, we've been linked with him for ages.

Also been linked with Mark McLinden (Canberra) as well.

The "lighting-up Griffin Park" line was just a bit of PR to hide the fact we've just sold the only player capable of helping us survive relegation.

ok!!

Dennis Moran for Luke Dorn?????.....sounds like your PR went to the same school as Manly's PR and you adopted Parramatta's recruitment officer!!! :lol: :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Actually he oes exist - its Luke Dorn and Lee Hopkins love child..... his name was changed to protect his innocence....

Clarkieel

Juniors
There actually is a player called Lee Doran who plays with Oldham
never played with Parra as far as I know

Hurriflatch

Referee
Aussiehurrikane said:
The Colonel said:
Actually he oes exist - its Luke Dorn and Lee Hopkins love child..... his name was changed to protect his innocence....

throw in dennis moran and you've got a love triangle

That is just wrong damn wrong :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Must be the work experience people taking over Sky Sports again! :D

PTB said:

Commiserations PTB. Moran for Luke Dorn (or Doran) isn't the best trade in the world?

In searching for Lee Doran I have found namesakes in the Oldham player (thanks Leesa) who has Irish heritage, also a 19 y.o.Cumbrian javelin thrower, and a singer from the band Napalm Death :shock:

Utey

Coach
Luke Dorn plays for the Roosters winning Premier League team. He was their 5/8. I just remembered. He had no club for next year and used to play for Manly as well.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
he also likes grinspoon! i saw him at the concert at the metro in september!

Latest posts