What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Gilmour

St.John

Juniors
simon says said:
f**k you big mouthed poms are gonna be looking silly next time we hammer you.......I really cant wait for this game.

;-)

Now, Where's that mattyg gone? He seems easy to rile...

bartman said:
:lol: at Scuba fighting the lonesome fight.

Why not just admit a guy played well and his team out-performed another more favoured team on the day, instead of sticking with this concept of all out 100% inter-competition superiority. What are people scared of?

:lol:!!

The lonesome fight haha! Bloody mattyg is getting sex taunts from Big Bad Bobby lol! Not much for backup ehh?

Na, I'll admit, yeah he played well, but gee, Brett Kimmorley has the odd good game, and look what he did to you Pommies over in England. And he is what we consider "rat sh*t" in the NRL. :?

Bob8

Juniors
St.John said:
;-)

Now, Where's that mattyg gone? He seems easy to rile...

He's in bed with me, having a cuddle.

Mr Scuba, they are not sex taunts; it is not sex - it is making love.

Hannibal Machin

Juniors
The NRL is cack!!

Aussie forwards are fat and gay!!

Mark O'Meley is the biggest gay in the village.

Gus Gould is a fat no mark.

GB beat Australia yesterday, you have all joined my bitch collection.

Have a nice day, losers!!

:)

griff

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Remembering you hadn't beaten us in Sydney since 1988

That's a bit of a silly statement. Until this one, they had only played two games since 88. So really, if you look at it, of the last 4 games in Sydney, GB have won 2 and Australia have won 2.

expansionist

Juniors
Sorry to get off the track - and back onto the original thread question - but Gilmour has really surprised me in a good way!

I have never been a big fan of his, and infact I was quite shocked he was considered for the tour let alone being selected for the tests, but he has proved me wrong.
He has looked good in defence and also in attack.

I havent seen many of his games this year - has anything differed in his approach?

Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Thats why I think he should try himself in the NRL. Prove to us all he isn't AVERAGE. Unless he does, he'll always be mediocre.

He's a big fish in an EXTREMELY small pond over in the ESL.

23-12...

Yet they're all still crap...

](*,)

Lowey3

Juniors
expansionist said:
Sorry to get off the track - and back onto the original thread question - but Gilmour has really surprised me in a good way!

I have never been a big fan of his, and infact I was quite shocked he was considered for the tour let alone being selected for the tests, but he has proved me wrong.
He has looked good in defence and also in attack.

I havent seen many of his games this year - has anything differed in his approach?

This is Lee's 3 rd season with St Helens now and he's been a superb signing. His a grafter, often our top tackler, makes plenty of metres and if you put him through a dap then it's a certain try (very fast).

He also gets knocked out atleast 15 times a season, yet carries on in the same match.

Keep it going pal, our Saints lads have carried their domestic form onto GB.

Gilmour, Long, Roby, Pryce and Wellens have all played great so far.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
He's very average, and will never be any better then VERY average.

But then so is Kite, Mason and Topou.

So either international rugby league is very weak when it comes to back rowers or your view is slighty biased.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Hannibal Machin said:
The NRL is cack!!

Aussie forwards are fat and gay!!

Mark O'Meley is the biggest gay in the village.

Gus Gould is a fat no mark.

GB beat Australia yesterday, you have all joined my bitch collection.

Have a nice day, losers!!

:)

Nice name Hannibal Machin, but i thought Machins first name was Frank?:)

fourplay

Juniors
I think the Kangaroos need to play in the ESL to test themselves.

Things are starting to add up

ESL > NRL every year in the WCC
Great Britain > Kangaroos

Yeah the NRL is so superior :lol:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
St.John said:
Don't all but one of the Kangaroos play in the NRL?

He seemed to have no problem waltzing through some of the top NRL players to the try line. Even when he didn't know what day it was.

When it's adead rubber for Australia and GB were paying odds of 8/1.... the difficulty levels decrease considerably.

You know Offiah threw the Odenryeun race in 1992 don't you ?

Sam_the_man said:
But then so is Kite, Mason and Topou.

So either international rugby league is very weak when it comes to back rowers or your view is slighty biased.

It'll be interesting to see how he performs in two weeks, thats for sure. If he plays well then I'll finally concede he isn't a hack, but until then, he's had one good game. WOW! I'd love to see him play in the NRL on a regular basis and then we could honestly compare him to other back rowers in the world. But, until then, comparing him with the Aussies forwards (especially Kite, Mason and Tupou) on an 80 minute performance, of which those three Aussie forwards were off for a fair while anyways is just ridiculous. We'll see how he goes in 2 weeks and then make a further comment then.

fourplay said:
I think the Kangaroos need to play in the ESL to test themselves.

Things are starting to add up

ESL > NRL every year in the WCC

Great Britain > Kangaroos

Yeah the NRL is so superior

You've used some pretty snazy bait there mate, so I couldn't help but take a slight nibble. ESL > NRL in the WCC each year is on the basis of:

a) It's played in England every year, which will obviously always favour your teams. If it were to be played in Australia each year, then we'd most certainly be getting totally different results.

b) It is only a trial match, and is treated such by Australian teams! 'm sure your also aware that the respective Premiers in the last three years (Panthers, Bulldogs, Tigers) have all failed to make the Top 8 the following years following their premierships.

Also, GB > Australia :lol:!!

It's been proven by many GBish stars that the NRL is the superior game. You've beaten an understrengthed Australian side, wow, clap clap! You've also beaten us once in the last 8 times we've met in England so your comment just typifies how much of a complete goose you are. May I still remind you your still no certainties to make the Tri Ntions finals this year. Two consectuive losses and your packing your bags back to Blackpool!

dimitri

First Grade
GB -players dont have to prove themselves in the nrl

They only have to prove themselves at Test and World Cup level

Every Test I have seen Gilmour play, he has been awesome!

No matter if he has been playing Wing, centre, lock or second row!

Jono078

Referee
Im suprised noones mentioned Gareth Ellis, IMO he's been fantastic, seems to have a good workrate.. Tackles alot, makes some solid metres.

Would like to see him in the NRL, IMO would be in top 10 or so backrowers.

ouwet

Bench
Gilmour has impressed me every time I’ve seen him play live and on TV...

Super League players as Dimitri said have nothing to prove to you arrogant fans (I see a Manly fan is leading there chorus, ironic isn't it :lol: ).

ali

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
It'll be interesting to see how he performs in two weeks, thats for sure. If he plays well then I'll finally concede he isn't a hack, but until then, he's had one good game. WOW! I'd love to see him play in the NRL on a regular basis and then we could honestly compare him to other back rowers in the world. But, until then, comparing him with the Aussies forwards (especially Kite, Mason and Tupou) on an 80 minute performance, of which those three Aussie forwards were off for a fair while anyways is just ridiculous. We'll see how he goes in 2 weeks and then make a further comment then.

You've used some pretty snazy bait there mate, so I couldn't help but take a slight nibble. ESL > NRL in the WCC each year is on the basis of:

a) It's played in England every year, which will obviously always favour your teams. If it were to be played in Australia each year, then we'd most certainly be getting totally different results.

b) It is only a trial match, and is treated such by Australian teams! 'm sure your also aware that the respective Premiers in the last three years (Panthers, Bulldogs, Tigers) have all failed to make the Top 8 the following years following their premierships.

Also, GB > Australia :lol:!!

It's been proven by many GBish stars that the NRL is the superior game. You've beaten an understrengthed Australian side, wow, clap clap! You've also beaten us once in the last 8 times we've met in England so your comment just typifies how much of a complete goose you are. May I still remind you your still no certainties to make the Tri Ntions finals this year. Two consectuive losses and your packing your bags back to Blackpool!

You should change your name to Daily Telegraph. Because the crap that comes out of you could have easily just come out of that paper.

The English players don't have to prove anything by coming out here. There are some good clubs over there. In fact, with a higher sallary cap the top few clubs spend more on players than the top NRL clubs. Vinnie Anderson who is a classy player, couldn't even make the St Helens grand final squad.

Plenty of English players could make it in the NRL. I'd say as many as the number of Kiwis going around in the NRL, and that is probably something like 50.

When you throw around 30-40 NRL standard imports in the super league, then the end result is a comp not too far off the NRL. Anyone who thinks differently should take their Australian blinkers off.

dingalingbell

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Im suprised noones mentioned Gareth Ellis, IMO he's been fantastic, seems to have a good workrate.. Tackles alot, makes some solid metres.

Would like to see him in the NRL, IMO would be in top 10 or so backrowers.

Agree 100%. Has been our best backrower so far this TN. Unfortunately unlikely to play in NRL as with most of our players, until the salary caps are equal in both comps.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Gilmour surprised me aswell but not for his try, his one on one tackles on Inglis, amazing!!. Inglis next to SBW is the hardest player to tackle in the NRL, Gilmour seemed to do it with ease.