What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeds-Castleford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Leeds 46 Castleford 14

Attendance: 13,922

Highlights:
-I'm stuck in two minds about this. At first I thought ''what a poor performance. We are better than this.''
Then I thought to myself ''well, there was a small improvement from the Bradford debacle.''

Lowlights:
-As explained above, in the past poor Castleford teams have managed to beat Leeds Rhinos. To keep the score below 50 was an achievement, but some players made silly errors.
-I'm not having a go at him, because he puts 100% into every match, but Wayne Godwin has missed two easy conversions against Leeds this season. Both were almost in front of the posts as well. Again, although Godwin has kicked relatively well this season, you get the impression we needed a more experienced kicker (Wayne Bartrim?) to take the pressure off Godwin.

Estimated Cas Fans: Hard to say. I think around 500-700

How were the Cas Fans? There were the usual 'hardcore' supporters who were noisy. One of the quitest games at Headingley I can remember for a long time though.

Comedy Moment: I can't really think of one. The D-I-S-C-O was pretty funny, but I guess it was a little annoying after a while.

In a nutshell: As usual, we didn't expect to win but we expected a little passion and pride in the Castleford shirt. The usual suspects (Godwin, Hudson, Hepworth, Robinson) all tried their hardest, but we need all the team firing on all cylinders if we are to win.
Our next match, Huddersfield at home this Sunday, is another must win game. We are approaching games that we can, and must, win in order to get out of this mess.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

MrCharisma

Bench
Top report mate... it's just a shame how Castleford is going, I know they have loyal support. Unfortunatley unlike South Sydeny, you guys can get religated.