What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeds v Bulls & Saints v Wigan

JasonE

Bench
Sorry this is late but we only got to see these games in Australia on friday, these two games were amongst the most exciting games ive ever seen both in quality and atmosphere, the speed of the games was fantastic and the intensity was high, all in all very enjoyable especially seeing the quality youngsters on display.

Danny McGuire, Richie Mathers and Chev Walker are going great for Leeds while Sean O'Loughlin in looking excellent for Wigan.

ali

Bench
I totally agree. Well worth the wait to see those great games. What about Farrell vs Sculthorpe at the end of the fight. You'd sware they truelly hate each other.

Matt M

Juniors
What is the bigger rivalry now? Saints v Wigan or Leeds v Bradford? I always thought it was Saints/Wigan but lately the Leeds/Bradford matches seem to be much bigger.

JasonE

Bench
Interestingly enough after watching the Rhinos/Bulls game I thought that was the best UNTIL I watched the passion and emotion which still exists in the Wigan/Saints derby.

For those making their first appearance in one of those clashes it must be an amazing experience.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Matt M said:
What is the bigger rivalry now? Saints v Wigan or Leeds v Bradford? I always thought it was Saints/Wigan but lately the Leeds/Bradford matches seem to be much bigger.

Its Saints and Wigan with ease.

Leeds and Bradford are rivals, both in stature and locality, but they certainly don't hate each other nearly enough to rival the real deal.

Saints and Wigan live to experience the thrill of beating the enemy, the passion displayed on the field in that game made the Leeds Bradford game look like a bunch of girls with pom poms. The quality of the rugby was better in the Yorkshire derby, as was the crowd (2 cities versus 2 towns) but the Saints - Wigan derby was sheer brutality.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
ali said:
I totally agree. Well worth the wait to see those great games. What about Farrell vs Sculthorpe at the end of the fight. You'd sware they truelly hate each other.
:lol: That was brilliant. Dunno what Scully said to him but Faz was going ballistic, it made for good lip reading! Funnily enough, I believe they're actually pretty good mates off the field.

To borrow a phrase:
Leeds/Bradford is an airport
Saints/Wigan is a derby
;-)

Latest posts