What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legends of Rock Mafia Game Over

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yeah, took me a while to figure it out. Thought it was a good idea too, personally. Meant playing cult was not as easy as just 'recruit!!'.

soc123_au

Staff member
KTF probably had the hardest task. He got lucky reviving SGL & Butch as his first successes. They had the most obvious relationship to their previous incarnation. That and Dutchy being first & staying town. I was certain Butch would get done after SGL came up as a queen reboot & cult. I was sure someone would leap from Beatles to Wings. Or even John to Yoko thinking he had turned mafia.

mickyj

Bench
I was a vig, I said as much because you idiots killed me.

I had a one off kill to use night or day. But there was one role the only way they could die at night was by my kill.

I started with being immune to mafia kills. And then when the late additions were added in if mafia targeted me at all it got redirected to whoever I wanted without knowing the action

soc123_au

Staff member
who was i was only one who could night kill and why?

You needed to kill Drew. I had TISM references in every write up. Every action Drew did was written up using either the name of a TISM song or a well known verse. Drew couldnt be killled at night due to no one being able to recognise him. (The failed kill would have come up as Franki Valley & the four seasons)

Tism-machiavelli-and-the-four-seasons.jpg

TISM album cover

After they released He'll never be an ole man river it was pretty well publicised that Flea from RHCP wanted to punch on with TISM & publicly challenged them. There is also a song called Flea (unlisted) on IRCC Blood, sugar, sex, majic which is about flea being a pacifist, but he will still f**k your shit up. It was allegedly aimed at TISM.

mickyj

Bench
I was thinking that was the case. And would of done it once I knew who it was. OR I was going to day kill Hogg as I knew he was bad.

soc123_au

Staff member
Town

Town as they do derped, but apart from a few howlers, related mostly to the Dutchy lynch they went alright considering their luck. Night 2 they lost both Vigilantes (SeeJay & Dutchy) & PP was recruited by KTF. PP was town investigator.

How no one followed this up was a derp from town & mafia. After the write up SGLC picked up that there was confirmation of a cult, but no one seemed that interested. PP originally had a post condition, but it became redundant once he was recruited. He didnt read the PM and stuck by the post condition until I PMed him again asking if he was trying to get killed. (there was an obvious doors clue in the recruit write up. I edited it, to give PP a chance, but surprised no one noticed.

Roc played a good game, outed a few scum & worked out the identity of the Indie. Mis was outed as JB via an unsuccessful lynch through roc's action. At the end of the phase Dutchy was revived with arguably the most obvious write up in the history of words. Firstly it was clear that the reviver (KTF who was hinted to be bad) didnt know how the revive would turn out. When KTF "Ran to the hills" when Dutchy rose it was pretty plain that Dutchy was town.

Cudos to Mis leading the lynch as it was a good result for them. As Dutchy mentioned earlier the town voyeur had targeted roc the night before, pretty good choice since he had just outed a mafia. he watched AFS try & kill roc & Butch protect him. to be fair he wouldnt of known which one was bad, but something worth bringing up in the thread. Instead he hammered the town Vig in a mafia led lynch.:lol:

From that point town didnt do too much wrong. The replacement Vig took out a townie but backed it up by killing Kayne West before copping it himself. They did

Overall they were a bit unlucky, but really crueled themselves with the Eddie lynch. At that stage town had 2 protectors. Butch was protecting roc & bazal protected Dutchy the night he was revived. If Dutchy wasnt lynched & town kept up the protection on those 2 the result could have been different.

The other old chestnut is inactivity. We all know it, but it becomes even more obvious as a mod when you know all the little tidbits that everyone should pickup from their actions. If these were discussed by everyone town would be pretty hard to beat most games. It seems everyone gets wary that mafia will target them if they talk, which is true, but if everyone talked then it would create more of a herd & harder for mafia to pick who to target. As it is they just can aim up on the noisy one a bit to the side of the quiet herd. This isnt meant to have a go at anybody, but even an observation that may seem trivial can kickstart a discussion that leads somewhere.

Town mvp Roc

soc123_au

Staff member
Indie

This role was the inspiration for me writing the game.

Indie
TISM Independently Aligned giver of zero f**ks

You're on the drug that killed River Phoenix and happy about it.

Passive: Due to the fact no one has ever seen your faces you cant be killed at night, also if investigated or targeted in such a way you feature in a writeup you will appear as Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons. Your actions that warrant a writeup will still show TISM related hints.

Achilles Heel: Flea is pissed off with you & wants you dead. The passive power doesnt apply if targeted by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Powers: You may choose one of the following each night.

He'll never be an ol' man river. Kill

Greg the stop sign. Roleblock

I may be a merkin, but I'm not a f**king merkin. Redirect

Defecate on my face. Silence for the next day phase

The Ballad of John Bonham's Coke Roadie. Your targets action will be redirected randomly.

You win when you have collected 10 Grammys.

Drew played a great game, right up to where he didnt.:lol: To be fair there wasnt really anywhere to hide for him, had he survived another phase un noticed he was odds on to win the game. He needed a grammy from roc & whall. Mafia grammys didnt count or he only would have needed one more.

As Mis mentioned Indie is a tough gig. Drew did this role justice.

Ironically the only reason Micky was still alive after night 1 was due to Drew using The Ballad of John Bonhams coke roadie on night one. He redirected Seejay who had targeted Micky for death randomly onto roc. Had he used something else he would have a lot less stress wondering when flea was going to try & kick his arse.

Indie mvp, the list

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Mafia

Were a bit unfortunate with some of their actions, they were nearly decimated the the night AFS was outed. If it wasnt for a last minute action change they would have lost SH, and Hogg would also have been outed.

I thought Hogg played really well & the fake write up with Jimi Hendrix worked effectively. Had they killed Bazal instead of going for KTF they probably would have won. AFS also did a fake write up for night 2, he pulled it at the last minute. It was Iron Maiden related & would have been pretty funny had it been included just below Iron Maiden being killed. The mis led lynch on Dutchy was also very well played.

Ironically on the final night they redirected Bazal (protector) onto Butch. Bazal's action was to protect Butch anyway. Had they redirected him onto anyone else a kill on Butch would have seen them win as well.

Mafia mvp Hogg

soc123_au

Staff member
Cult

KTF was pretty much kissed on the dick by a fairy. He played really well & wasnt targeted with anything effective until the last night & by then him being targeted as opposed to any of his minions was a good result.

He timed his recruits well & picked the right targets. Only 50% of dead townies were likely to join him so a win was always going to involve some good play with a helping of luck. All the recruits played their parts well too which certainly helped.

I am amazed Hogg couldnt get any traction on a lynch for Butch, especially after SGLC had his new role revealed. I think Mafia f**ked up a bit by not trying to kill Butch the next night.

Cult & Overall game mvp KTF.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Enjoyed that game. Thought it was an interesting way of doing cult. For awhile there it felt like I was doing a bit if a treadmill, losing PP and gaining SGL around the same time then again with gaining Butch and losing SGL. Thought at that point the jig was up, but then got lucky with Bazal and I was always confident of getting Micky provided we lived through the night.

FTR because of PP's power I knew Shaun Hewitt was Kanye West, but couldn't really come right out and say it plainly after PP died so had to "read his posts" instead.

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/aZGi6rHNs6Ahx

mickyj

Bench
I think I just tipped Bazal for the Bradbury award. First I know I'd been recruited the I had won the game. Sadly I never got my new role PM.

Latest posts