What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leon Pryce - I pity da fool

Moffo

Referee
what is this fool talking about? ive been to blackpool, ive lived in bradford....it is the absolute pits of pitsville. id rather stake a dagger through my chest as opposed to spending an hour of my life in those sh*t holes :crazy:

Moffo said:
what is this fool talking about? ive been to blackpool, ive lived in bradford....it is the absolute pits of pitsville. id rather stake a dagger through my chest as opposed to spending an hour of my life in those sh*t holes :crazy:

Not many people will agree with him, but you can't criticise the guy for his personal preferences and for sticking up for his home. I don't know why he said what he said but I suspect it's a bit of homesickness and a bit of frustration, perhaps a bit because he is aware of the negative attitude towards the GB team and British people in general here.
I would argue till I'm blue in the face that country inland NSW sh*ts all over Sydney as a place to live but no doubt Sydneysiders would react to that the way they have about Leon Pryce. Each to his own.

Lowey3

Juniors
Moffo said:

Cry me a river (Justin Timberlake style)

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
He wasn't talking about the place, he was talking about the people.

The people of the North of England are a lot nicer than the average Australian.

bartman

Immortal
I'd actually take Bradford over Manly too :oops:... in fact apart from a matter of 50kms each way at each end, I actually have? :-k

Found nothing special about Manly over the years, having been a proud western suburbs youth The Steyne and that boardwalk all seemed a bit gentrified for my tastes. Bradford is very down to earth, more like what I'm used to from out Parramatta way.

But Blackpool, that's an entirely different story... weird place!

ali

Bench
Moffo said:

I think everyone has missed the point. He was basically having a shot at how rude our hospitality has been.

hutch

First Grade
i dont blame the bloke at all. good on him for sticking up for where he is from and being proud of it. i went to blackpool last week and quite enjoyed it, but now im back home you realise there is no place like it. most people i spoke to in the north of england were extremely friendly, and i would hope people would so the same to our english tourists over here. (but lets still get stuck into them tonight, pommy bashing is ok at sporting events as long as we can all have a beer afterwards)

miccle

Bench
I still don't know why so many people are getting so riled over Pryce. Hell, the bloke is a fool - but he was just talking trash and riling us up... as Aussies, we do it more than almost any other country!

Let him do it, and respond in kind, but don't let anything like a big gee-up offend you. This is how I responded:

"Well I don't really like Sydney, so I guess I can see where he is coming from. Nonetheless, only a few more weeks until he gets to go home to his favourite place in the world."

you'll be home after three more losses Prycey. :)