What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Les Catalan's first game

JasonE

Bench
Is against Wigan.

Cannot wait for that, it will be a ripper. Hope they get a sellout too.

ozbash

Referee
hey, does anyone know where a person can purchase a les catalans jersey ?
i had a look on their site but no luck.

RLdan

Juniors
ozbash said:

im hoping to get one too but there not out yet, that game should be a really good game letd hope catalans get a sellout

GBT2

Juniors
ozbash said:

Same place as the Hibiscus Coast Raiders club shop, no doubt. BTW, you wanna watch it using words like purchase; might get you into trouble. Baaah

Jackal Dog

Juniors
This didn't even occur to me until now but what stadium will Les Catalans be playing out of?

Will it be the French RU Premiership club Perpignan's homeground? cause that would be a great ground!

bartman

Immortal
They have two grounds listed on their site, I'm not sure which they'll use for what matches (ie big v small, ESL v elite)?

Stade municipal de Saint Estève
Stade Jean Laffon de Perpignan

obelix

Juniors
bartman said:
They have two grounds listed on their site, I'm not sure which they'll use for what matches (ie big v small, ESL v elite)?

Stade municipal de Saint Estève
Stade Jean Laffon de Perpignan

This one's a long story...

But to cut it short, they will play the bulk of their games at the Stade Gilbert Brutus when it's been refurbished. Last I heard, I think this was meant to be ready in July though there have been some problems.

Prior to that they're going to play at the Stade Aime Giral - the home of USAP RU club, though they were talking about taking matches on the road - in particular, there was talk of one being held in Figuerola, Spain. (They may be doing this quite often, if you believe what you read elsewhere about the attitude of the USAP president to Les Catalans).

You can see a (pretty rubbish) picture of each ground here: http://www.mairie-perpignan.fr/index.php?np=938

bartman

Immortal
Cheers for that Obelix. Just found some english text on a brochure downloadable form their site, that says same (using St E'steve for the UTC Elite games).

Sport facilities :
In 2006, Rugby League will come back to the newly reconstructed “Gilbert Brutus stadium”.
This will be a return to the rugby league spiritual home and the 10 000 capacity crowd will give a fantastic atmosphere.
These new sport facilities are located just besides Perpignan airport and 5 minutes from highway A9.

Hope they get it sorted out without too many dramas in their first year, and their fan base can grow while following them around.

JasonE

Bench
Probable Wigan team
1.Radlinski
2.Calderwood
3.Vaealiki
4.Richards
5.Dallas
6.Orr
7.Moran
8.Seu Seu
9.Godwin
10.Logan
11.Tickle
12.Hock
13.O'Loughlin
res: Palea'asena, Higham, Hansen, Fletcher

Les Catalans probable
1. Guigue
2. Murphy
3. Saddoui
4. Hughes
5. Wilson
6. Jones
7. Rinaldi
8. Guisset
9. Bertheneze
10. Fellous
11. Fakir
12. Hindmarsh
13. Mounis

Res: Beattie, Chan, Casty Rudder.

obelix

Juniors
Just to add to the confusion over venues, I've now read elsewhere that Les Catalans will be playing about half of their home games in Narbonne, which is about 45 minutes away from Perpignan. I assume this is because they couldn't get agreement to use the USAP ground with the local Council - and also assume that this will be early in the season before their own ground is ready.

jed

First Grade
It doesn't come down to Foxtel as to whether it's on TV or not, the decision's purely with Sky. Considering it's Les Catalan's first game, I'm fairly sure they'll get on though.

ozbash

Referee
GBT2 said:
Same place as the Hibiscus Coast Raiders club shop, no doubt. BTW, you wanna watch it using words like purchase; might get you into trouble. Baaah

i realise its a big word but if you break it down - purr - ch-ase and practise saying it, even a yorky will get the hang of it..

"" oh aaarrrr, purchase arrr" :D

if you can get me a jersey (les catalans) i,ll either pay you some good kiwi dosh or send you a warriors one.

serious, i want one.

jed

First Grade
ozbash said:
if you can get me a jersey (les catalans) i,ll either pay you some good kiwi dosh or send you a warriors one.
good kiwi dosh? is there such a thing? I thought it was even more devalued than the old Italian lira ;-) :lol:

They should be available soon, ISC's starting to get the 2006 jerseys out to club shops, won't be long until other online Rugby League shops have them too, you'll be able to use a credit card to buy them.