What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less clubs or higher salary cap

t-ba

Post Whore
LeagueXIII said:
AFL can survive by looking after their game, yet the rugby league solution is kick teams out of Sydney. PATHETIC. RL has already suffered enough damage due to the SL war why would you want to risk more by kicking teams out of Sydney? The whole thing that keeps league in the money is because people in Sydney watch it, it's the foundation of the game.

Fair play, the AFL is doing its damndest to kick North Melbourne out of Melbourne...

LeagueXIII

First Grade
T-ba only because they have tried everything else, the club's history will continue. Also there is no other sport competing to take a slice of their pie.
What advantage does kicking say Cronulla out of the comp do.

parra pete

Referee
Less teams, less cap as well. The 2007 competition has the most over rated, over paid players in years.
Not enough talent to go around in sixteen teams... that is for sure.

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
Less teams, less cap as well. The 2007 competition has the most over rated, over paid players in years.
Not enough talent to go around in sixteen teams... that is for sure.

Then why is there 50+ players over in the UK at NRL standard?

Less teams mean less spots for players meaning more players to the UK...

shaun

Juniors
Players will always move for more cash and i dont think Australian clubs can compete with UK clubs. Its the same with soccer. All the best players from all over the world move to england, spain or italy becuase of the money.

There will always be fresh talent coming through in Australia. the games good. plenty of starts still in NRL.

NRL needs to generate more sponsorship anf for a start increase TV deal with FOX. If they could increase the teams and have a 2nd division with promotion/relagation, that would promote more excitement.

you know im right

Promotion and Relegation would NOT work. Team A gets relegated so half their fans will think "f*ck this I can't be stuffed following a 2nd tier team" and players will think "I don't want to play for a second tier team" and so on, it would kill the NRL

fizman

Bench
t-ba said:
If St George jumped ship Cronulla would have got the arse...

No doubt about that at all. I only care about Cronulla, I don't care what comp they play in. If they get punted, I would find another sport to follow.

I think that would be what most supporters line of thinking would be these days though.

BlueFenix

Juniors
The TV rights should have gone for more than they did. The NRL has to look after it's product ie. the teams. I also think that the loyalty bonus is the key to all of this, with the bite of the cap 5 years should be ample for a player to 'prove' their loyalty to a club and trigger substantul loyalty payments.

80 million would allow the NRL to give each club 5 million to cover the cap and to cover some other formalities. Any other monies required by the NRL for the running of the game should be nutted out in addition. It would be terrible if a team went under because they didn't get enough cash from the pokies to stay alive.

I believe we are going forward under Gallop, the Titans prove this. We don't want repeats of the western reds or the adelaide rams folding in a short time (I know they are SL teams but if they were viable the NRL would have assisted them), even the Gold Coast has had 3 attempts

Amagamate or kick my team out and i'm off to follow the round ball game. (EPL not the sh*te we have here! Go you Mighty Reds [LFC])

Latest posts