What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L'estrange gone

Dragons1990

Juniors
BULLS SIGN MANLY HOOKER HEATH L'ESTRANGE

Bradford Bulls have announced they have signed Manly Hooker Heath L'Estrange on a two year contract.

L'Estrange, who is 24 years of age, has made 40 appearances for Manly and previously played for Sydney Roosters. He will join the Bulls from the start of the 2010 season along with fellow Manly colleague Glenn Hall. Both played in last season's Grand Final and in the Carnegie World Club Challenge game against Leeds Rhinos earlier this year.

Bulls Coach Steve McNamara is delighted with the signing.

"Heath's a quality hooker and a quality person. Obviously, he's a replacement for Terry Newton and I'm excited by what he can provide for us when he gets over here.

"He's another Grand Final winner and was part of the squad that won the World Club Challenge earlier this year. He played very well in that match against Leeds, is still only 24, so he's at the perfect age and I'm excited about him coming to the Bulls. I think Heath and Wayne Godwin will complement each other really well and I think he'll be very good for us on and off the field."

L'Estrange can't wait to join up with the Bulls:

"Bradford's a great club and I can't wait to get there. Both myself and Glen Hall have talked about it and we both feel the same. Hopefully we can help get the winning culture back there.

"I liked them when I was younger and thought - while I'm still young - I want to take this opportunity while I've got it. Now I want to get over there and rip in to Super League."

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33884

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Hall and L'estrange. Two big losses. Both have been outstanding players at Manly. L'estrange adds so much much spark to our attack when he comes on against a tired line. Ballin is good, however they make a better combination together.

We are losing a lot of talent at the moment. Any news on George yet?

Now we have Farrar we don't need a right centre. I think we need to another winger/fullback. Tony Williams will not be playing wing as he gets older. I still think he should be molded into a 2nd rower.

I saw Hoppa Jnr scored a try last night. Is he going to be prospect next year or the year after?

JasonE

Bench
I've been told Wigan are in negotiations with Chris Bailey, i thought he signed a three year contract with Manly so i don't know how it could happen unless he has a get out clause.

Chook Norris

First Grade
i rated him highly when he was at the Chooks.. will be interesting to see how he goes in ESL given that he plays direct whereas the ESL is more lateral

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Hall and L'estrange. Two big losses. Both have been outstanding players at Manly. L'estrange adds so much much spark to our attack when he comes on against a tired line. Ballin is good, however they make a better combination together.

We are losing a lot of talent at the moment. Any news on George yet?

Now we have Farrar we don't need a right centre. I think we need to another winger/fullback. Tony Williams will not be playing wing as he gets older. I still think he should be molded into a 2nd rower.

I saw Hoppa Jnr scored a try last night. Is he going to be prospect next year or the year after?

I'm certain George has re-signed for three years?

Dundotron

Juniors
They are 2 big loses but hopefully now it will free up some money in our cap to recuit and retain players for next year.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Just looking at "decent" hookers off contract this year and I think you guys would be mad not to have a run at Kingston from Parramatta (ex sharks). He would be a handy back up to Ballin... in fact they play a very similar game... would probably get him cheap too. He's certainly been in great touch...

Latest posts