What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get real...

coolumsharkie

Referee
Stupid me thought the Canberra Raiders would get the spoon this year!

After tonight they are the real deal no doubt so I ask you...

Who will definately be in the top 8

My tips are

Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Raiders
Dragons
Manly
Roosters
Tigers

what do you reckon?

TRANSLATION

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
Stupid me thought the Canberra Raiders would get the spoon this year!

After tonight they are the real deal no doubt so I ask you...

Who will definately be in the top 8

My tips are

Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Raiders
Dragons
Manly
Roosters
Tigers

what do you reckon?

The way things are going whoi knows, your squaed of 8 could be perfect. But Like the dogs have realised, the Dragons in the last 5 years, you can not tell what will happen over the next part of the season.

A Team could lose the majority of it's Power or brains, and they could lose 6 or 7 straight because of it.

Storm are missing from your Lot. If they keep their forwards and those halves they are a shoe in for top 4.

Broncos, Cowboys look like genuine threats all across the park, but if DL is missing, it could prove fatal, same with many teams.

No use guessing, look at this season.?? :oops:

Raider_69

Post Whore
in no order my revised top 8:

Raiders
Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Bulldogs
Storm
Manly
Roosters

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'll throw in the Dogs too and if they make the 8 late in the season with all their players on deck... LOOKOUT!!!

This is going to be one to remember for most supporters..

Souths and Knights excluded :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
No Tigers. BAD Tigers! SIT Tigers. GOOD Tigers!

The Orange Men will be watching this Finals series from their respective local pubs I do believe!

Fluffy

Juniors
So far the top 5 are the only favourites IMO, and thats more to do with having more points on the board already.

If manly win today without their top 4 props they would have to make it, and visa versa it would give me huge doubts on the tigers.

Im not sure if the dogs will be close enough to get there towards the end, the saints - you just never know, the warriors are going ok, storm were there early, tigers giant killers, roosters have leadership isses but the same core that made the GF last year, parra have more ups and downs that a roller coaster.

Id like another 8 rounds, even then i dont think it will be more than 4 certainties or so.

hitman82

Bench
Raiders
Sharks
Broncos
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Warriors
Sea Eagles
Roosters

In that order. :twisted:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I think it is safe to say that:

Brisbane and Cowboys are going to be top 4.

I think Canberra and Sharks are fairly safe too.

Manly are not safe yet, but are fairly likely to be ok. A win today (probably unlikely though) should ensure it.

So 3 spots (maybe 4 remain)
Melbourne are on 10 points with 1 bye to come. Have looked strong early on but seem to have taken the foot off the peddle.

Tigers have a good backline, but if they can't put Manly away today missing 4 props and beaver, they are no hope.

Bulldogs will make it if they can keep in the hunt until they get 1 or 2 forwards back.

Penrith are improving each week, but really should have put the Raiders away last night. That may come back to bite them.

Roosters need to win today. A loss will make life very hard for them.

Parramatta have a good pack, but have some turnstiles in defence. They rely heavily on a couple of players.

St George have finally started to hit the pace. Injury and rep could be the big problem.

Warriors hmmm #-o I just don't know what to think about them. I will be interested to see what happened last night. :? Can be soooo hot and cold. Hot like a kettle and cold like a deep freeze.

And then the teams that are GOOOOOONNNNNEEEEE

Souths - look to have a solid team, but just can't put it together. May win a few more, but I hard to imagine them challenging.

Knights - Injuries and poorly managed. In real trouble in all departments of the club. An end of season clean out of managment rather than players is probably necessary. And I don't mean coach. Even with the return of Johns and the other 3 million out, can't see them winning much. Stranger things have happened though. Impossible for them to make the 8 without a win today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Putting an order down is just a waste of time
-----------
Cowboys
Brisbane
-----------
Sharks
Manly
Raiders
Dragons
Melbourne
Penrith
-------------

White Poiner

Coach
well this week sharks are playing canberra so it will show who is playing better at the moment. Whoever wins this game basicly is no chance of missing out on the 8.

My ladder
Sharks
Broncos
Cowboys
Canberra
Manly
warriors
Melborne
Dogs

colonel_123

Juniors
If it's a close season and the bottom teams of the 8 are not on too many points, then the Bulldogs would be a very good chance of a late run up the ladder with O'Meley, Williams and Mason back on board.

I too have underestimated Canberra but I do not believe they are shoe ins for the 8. Manly winning today only guarantees 2 points not top 8. We are not even at the 1/2 way mark and people are suggesting a win today guarantees top 8.

Cowboys and Brisbane I believe will be there. As for the other 6 spots take your pick. For mine Souths, Newcastle are the only 2 that cannot make it.

The Orange Men will be watching this Finals series from their respective local pubs I do believe!

you got someting against the tigers cause there more exciting than your team and we keep beating you's :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
Southern Rooster said:
I too have underestimated Canberra but I do not believe they are shoe ins for the 8. Manly winning today only guarantees 2 points not top 8. We are not even at the 1/2 way mark and people are suggesting a win today guarantees top 8.

1/2 way there with a third of the season completed would be a pretty handy advantage though. Especially if we can win a match with our entire prop rotation missing the match.

Dog-E

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:

you got someting against the tigers cause there more exciting than your team and we keep beating you's :lol:

No. It's nothing personal! - Just that, unfortunately u need more than just 8pts a year from byes & beating us to make the semis! ;-)

Tigers exciting???.....Mmmmm, not particularly so to anyone that's not a supporter, sorry! Yeah, our game this year was probably THE A1 game for excitiment and drama this season so far....but it was OUR barnstorrming (almost) comeback that made it so! 8)

Latest posts