What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get real...

Dog-E

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Tigers not exciting?

:lol:

Um...Well, no actually. No more so than a good 6-8 OTHEr teams in the League this season! But then again - u get all in a lather over Italian football - so yours and my (and i rather suspect - most people's) definitions of the word 'exciting' will differ CONSIDERABLY!! :?

But...If they excite YOU - then that's ALL that matters, isn't it??...What do u care what other people think? And no, I am not taking the mick there - I am being fair dinkum!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
Manly winning today only guarantees 2 points not top 8. We are not even at the 1/2 way mark and people are suggesting a win today guarantees top 8.

So lets put this into simple terms for you.

Manly play Souths 1 more time and Knights twice. They also have a bye to come. I reckon I'm fairly confident that is at least 6 points but more likely 8 points.

14 + 8 = 22.

So Manly with 17 rounds to go, (and taking off the 4 above) leaves 13 rounds to get 4 points with 7 matches at home.

Nothing is certain and injuries can destroy teams... But the law of probability should say any team that has 14 points now, should be safe.

To be honest I think 24 may even be enough now the Cowboys have shown they can go off the rails badly at times. This competition is great!

Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Southern Rooster said:
Manly winning today only guarantees 2 points not top 8. We are not even at the 1/2 way mark and people are suggesting a win today guarantees top 8.

So lets put this into simple terms for you.

Manly play Souths 1 more time and Knights twice. They also have a bye to come. I reckon I'm fairly confident that is at least 6 points but more likely 8 points.

14 + 8 = 22.

So Manly with 17 rounds to go, (and taking off the 4 above) leaves 13 rounds to get 4 points with 7 matches at home.

Nothing is certain and injuries can destroy teams... But the law of probability should say any team that has 14 points now, should be safe.

To be honest I think 24 may even be enough now the Cowboys have shown they can go off the rails badly at times. This competition is great!

I think Manly will be in the 8. All I said was That it does not guarantee you a spot winning yesterday. The Knights will start getting players back shortly and will be more than competitive. Maly in all probability will make it. The side that misses the 8 but finishes the season off well one year has been making the 8 the next season of recent times.