What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Make It Happen

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Please...if we win this week we look like we are overachieving. How any one who has seen the performances against the Sharks and Broncos class our season as "good"?

We barley made the 8 last year under SMITH... no major changes to our roster since then, what were you honestly expecting this season? Cos as i have said before i wasn't expecting much. Our roster simply isn't as good as the top sides. And at this point i don't see that as stone's fault.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
What i am not understanding about these threads is the timing. How can anyone think that sacking stone now is the right thing to do, how can you think it will not upset the players or how they will re-act.

How can you judge stone based on what he has been allowed to do. He is playing with Smith's squad not what he himself has created. On top of that if we win this week we are in a totally different position and all of a sudden stone looks good.

You've pretty much summed it up well there sneaky, and while we're on the topic of underachieving or overachieving...how about the game against the Storm where we threw it away in the 2nd half? Underachieved in that game perhaps?

Yosh

Coach
We've thrown it all away in the 2nd half for all our matches exepct the match against the Broncos, only because the Broncos wanted to throw away the match first!

I dunno. The more I think about it/get influenced by Pers and co. I think it will be good to keep Stone around for a while. I mean half a season can't hurt. I don't think our win loss record really reflects how we are playing thats all.

I remember the games against Manly and Sharks we were not first grade quality. That is what has made me so angry about Stone. How can you have one week with most of the first grade squad and have them perform like that?

I totally agree Aku and Patto this year have been fantastic.

Whats Doing

Bench
This week will show whether we have the potential to make the eight or languish outside.

The titans are very good defensively which should show up whether our attack has what it takes plus the Titans continue to pound the ruck area where my opinion is this is where the knights greatest weakness is.

Jono078

Referee
McClennan's an interesting one. He's very respected by the polenesians, he could get the best out of Taia, Fa'aoso, Sau, Vuna and who ever else we have.

Even as assistant if we could for a season or 2.

Alex28

Coach
One of these guys as an assistant next year would add some credibility to the club next year as well as keep Stone honest...

We have to make it happen.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
^ As Alex said. We need someone to keep Stone honest, but still at least allow him to have a bit of crack despite how poor it currently looks. Having a genuine first grade coaching candidate in a 'coaching director' role a la John Lang with Jason Taylor at the Bunnies might do the trick. However, money would be the biggest hurdle here.