What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets not fight!

MightySharks

Bench
Okay Sharks win again, no Kimmorley no Dykes for 60mins and we still get the cash tacking us to a 8 and 2 record. The players that stir up the most debate in this forum such as Simmons and Bird in my opinion had another good game; some may disagree which is there right. But to win today without our regular halves and win our 4th match on the road surely we can put aside our disagreements and all just let out one big, Go Sharks!
The boys are clearly playing for each other and while I respect everybody’s opinion maybe we can all stop fighting for one week and band together and get ready for a 20 000 crowd and another victory

MightySharks

Bench
Also there was many Sharks fans at Penrith today there is no doubt our away support has improved, I had Panthers fans yelling "your dead" for yelling GO SHARKS so loud. But with all the support we had you could hardly hear it! At the end of the game they just dissapeared, while the Sharks fans were left to cheer the team!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well I won't fight you until it's warranted.

I will point out for the benefit of accuracy it was 45 minutes without Dykes:)

Bird was outstanding IMO and Simmons was good (don't get upset that's up from satisfactory) ;) Merritt sent out a challenge and he answered it.

P.S. I still hate you :)

MightySharks

Bench
Fair enough champ! Just got home from the game and wasn't sure exactly when Dykes went off! That as close to seeing eye to eye as we will get so I am happy with that.

Go Sharks!
F*uck I had a good time out there today!

NikkiShark

Juniors
MightySharks said:
Also there was many Sharks fans at Penrith today there is no doubt our away support has improved, I had Panthers fans yelling "your dead" for yelling GO SHARKS so loud. But with all the support we had you could hardly hear it! At the end of the game they just dissapeared, while the Sharks fans were left to cheer the team!

at the Manly game back in round two, I had Manly fans spitting in my face- and calling me a loser... just because I was supporting the Sharks... that day- marked down of one of the worst football games in my books. I won't be going to Brookvale again- that's for sure.

That said, I noticed a fair few Sharks fans in the crowd- I couldn't go, since I live on the Central Coast, but I try to go to as many games as I can...

MightySharks

Bench
Don't let them bother you, the best thing you can do is ignore them and yell even louder for the mighty sharks. Plus just keep turning up you have every right to support your team!

Thomo.

First Grade
Hey DV

i tried to look for you out there. will see ya next sat night. good game.simmo is starting to impress me.

good to see some nity amongst the fans!!!!!!!!!!!

SirShire

First Grade
Excellent game by Bird, lots of offloading and passing. Some top runs. Kicking game was average, but his chase for the Sully bomb was tops, as was the run for the final try.

Hilder is a top kicker too. Excellent kicks from DH by him.

Jimbo

Immortal
N!kk! said:
at the Manly game back in round two, I had Manly fans spitting in my face- and calling me a loser... just because I was supporting the Sharks... that day- marked down of one of the worst football games in my books. I won't be going to Brookvale again- that's for sure.

That's the reason to go to away games especially. Walking out after the lads get up can be a lot of fun...

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Yep, I agree, we really shouldnt argue among ourselves especially when considering how good we are going! It should be left to those who are uncivilised, and support sides that are struggling.............like the Dragons and the like :)

Dr. Funkenstein

Juniors
SirShire said:
Excellent game by Bird, lots of offloading and passing. Some top runs. Kicking game was average, but his chase for the Sully bomb was tops, as was the run for the final try.

Hilder is a top kicker too. Excellent kicks from DH by him.

his 40/2- was the only one that stood out to me he did a few others that i were average i think. the 40/20 was great though

Frenzy.

Post Whore
thomo_shark said:
Hey DV

i tried to look for you out there. will see ya next sat night. good game.simmo is starting to impress me.

good to see some nity amongst the fans!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled out at the 11th hour thomo. Had an issue come up that had to be dealt with. Not happy about it either because the boys have said they had a ball.

best game i can remember from bird. simmo also starting to look the goods and playing better every week as his confidence grows. had to rub my eyes and pinch myself at times watching bird distribute the ball.

but i'm not fussed either way about a disagreement with anybody - what's the big deal ? we're all already supporting the team and i don't see attendance or results being affected by us agreeing to dive headfirst into some black, white and blue all-boy manlove-athon.

the sharks could win 8 premierships and sutho would still be muppet with a thesaurus. such is life

go sharks !

that's - 'i hate simmo' crew

who i think are actually more accurately described as the 'i love the sharks so please pick the best team regardless of who that happens to be' crew.

while we're on the simmo topic, he seems to be finding his feet in firsts but given his lack of years playing rugby league i'm not sure how readily he'd re-adjust to fullback if he's still pencilled in to replace peach.

particularly as the fullback is the last line of defence and needs to read and organise play i see simmo's (hopefully devastating) best coming from playing on the wing. perhaps it may be a better plan to leave him on the wing and groom / promote / purchase somebody else for fullback.

NikkiShark

Juniors
I didn't... let it get to me, but it got really hard towards the end. I support them as much as I can, I have only been to two games this year :(

it's a long drive from home, about 2 hours 15 minutes.. and I can't drive