What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's sign a half Thread

boonboon

Juniors
Big tip on the Sunday Roast from Gus Gould just then that Sandow will be coming to the Broncos next year

Seemed like he had the inside info and that even if it doesen't end up happening it is definatly an option

Not a Broncos fan but was just a bit shocked ? Although he is a QLDer

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Fourex

Bench
He needs discipline and structure. He hasn't had that at Souths

I'm not totally against it......in comparison to what we have in Wallace.

beads6

First Grade
I will be shattered if we get Sandow at the Broncos before even give Hunt or Norman a chance.

user_nat

Coach
I don't want him.

However, I think being trained under Alfie is probably better than who he trains under at Souths (probably Tallis lol).

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Is Peter Wallace off to the ESL for real ? I don't mind giving Sandow a chance personally as long as he isn't teamed up with Wallace, that would be a huge mistake on so many levels. Me thinks there is a lot of horse s--t floating around the rumour mill at the present time. Punt the pair of 'em and grab Quade Cooper, he is worth working on defensively as he is an attacking genius. Did anyone see his footwork in the sandpit on greatest athlete series, not a single hand laid on him. Great talent !

Snappy

Coach
Parra want Sandow as well but Gus defiantly had inside info about Brisbane

Gus said something along the lines of 'I dont rear the papers, but someone mentioned somthing about Sandow to Broncos'

The other guys corrected him and said actually the rumor is Sandow to Parra. They then discussed whoever it was had the inside word about that rumor (to Parra)

Last edited:

renouf

Juniors
Yeah and he said Wallace would play 5/8. I don't think he's going anywhere soon. It's clear they are grooming him for life after Lockyer.

It's scary that we have to buy a player like Sandow to replace Lockyer. Next year is going to be difficult, I don't even want to think about it.

Last edited:
I assume none of you saw the game by Sandow last night?. And you are dead-set kidding yourselves if you think Wallace is half as talented at Chris. Remembering Wallace has had the beauty of playing with Lockyer all this time and apart from his poor-ish form at Penrith before going to the Broncos. He's had limited playing time away from Darren and he just isn't a flashy player at all for mine.

Sandow is building as a player this season and with Alfie Langer as a possible mentor noting they are similar style players, one a legend of the game the other is starting to show his juniors hype.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think Sandow has more potential than Wallace. But Sandow has been a bit erratic to say the least. He did play well on the weekend.

I think any way we go we are going to struggle, it is going to take a substantial amount of rebuilding with Lockyer gone. The game on the weekend Lockyer just took control, and did what he had to do at the crucial times of the games. That is priceless and almost impossible to replace.

AuDragon

Juniors
Sandow has heaps of talent and raw potential, but I don't think he'll ever loose the brain farts, and will cost as many games as he'll win. He plays purely on instinct, but isn't anywhere near capable of organising a team IMO.

Yesterday for example, he played a very good game, but did that individually and was lucky too when he kicked a grubber on the 1st or 2nd tackle and ended up earning a goal line drop out from which the second souffs try came. When was the last time that anyone saw Sandow pulling the strings of his team like any decent halfback would do?

Wesser got dropped after kicking on the first too, except he wasn't as lucky with the outcome. :sarcasm:

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Sandow could work at 6 and let Wallace run the show.
Sandow has a bag of tricks which is his downfall.
If he kept his game simple, he would make a good 6.
He should cut out his shoulder charge as well.
Just look at Hoffman compared to Karmichael Hunt in this regards :crazy:
I am not sold on Norman.
I have followed him in the 20s, he goes well enough, but never wants to do the dirty work. He hates tackling.
He is hesitant at times and for a number 6 he has poor hands.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sandow is building as a player this season and with Alfie Langer as a possible mentor noting they are similar style players, one a legend of the game the other is starting to show his juniors hype.

HAHAHAHA!

Sandow is rubbish, would rather every halfback before him, possibly except Robson. I'd personally rather try Norman and hope we can lure Cronk.