What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liechardt Oval gets First million more to come

Snappy Tom

Juniors
nospam49 you make some very good points.

I can think of a heap of way the money can be spent, other than a ground that gets used 2 or 3 times a year by an NRL team. Maybe they will use the cash to build a mini stand for the 50 or so people who attend the Balmain Premier league games.

2MMM mentioned something today about the joint venture sides still getting a 8 million dollar bonus each year to stay as a joint venture. Is this true or do Rabbits, Mo and Barwick have it all wrong.

If they are still getting this bonus, then why dont they use thier own money in place of the taxpayers.

Frankly I would rather it go to the aging hospitals in this state.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
What sort of an idiot would think that they get 8 million a year? :lol:

Sorry I was just quoting what was said on the radio this morning. Did I mention that in my original post?

Since you are in the know diehard and have all the goss, does the joint venture clubs get any extra cash because of the joint venture?

DIEHARD

----
As far as I know it doesn't, nothing on top of the original grant to become a merged entity back in 2000. They are just like any other NRL club and receive the same funds from the NRL.

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Ok cool Diehard, as I said they mentioned it on the radio this morning and I am sure it's not the first time Rabbits, Mo and Barwick have got something wrong.

DIEHARD

----
Snappy Tom said:
Ok cool Diehard, as I said they mentioned it on the radio this morning and I am sure it's not the first time Rabbits, Mo and Barwick have got something wrong.

Sometimes nuggets of truth come out in the media. But I can't see this one being any bit real.

You'd have heard the NRL mention it and rival clubs whinge about it.

Also the merged clubs would have massive excesses of money, which they don't have.

Latest posts