What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life without timmy

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
As much as i was a tim smith fan and believe me i am(parra fan living in newcastle)We look so much better with finch at 7 and mateo at 6.Kris keating has complimented our halves and mateo is so dangerous on the fringes.Ben Smith has been a welcome return esp for eric as he helps him alot in defence.Goal line defence was good against the dragons.Heres hoping we can play to our potential and give this thing a shake.I am still copping it over 2001.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we are looking better thats for sure :)

Great position for the Keating boys to make positions there own over the next year or so

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We're looking better? whilst we have won a couple since they have hardly been inspirational and because of Finch.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As much as i was a tim smith fan and believe me i am(parra fan living in newcastle)We look so much better with finch at 7 and mateo at 6.Kris keating has complimented our halves and mateo is so dangerous on the fringes.Ben Smith has been a welcome return esp for eric as he helps him alot in defence.Goal line defence was good against the dragons.Heres hoping we can play to our potential and give this thing a shake.I am still copping it over 2001.

they'll be plenty of arguements for and against that theory and you know what?? no one can honestly claim that we are better off at the moment as the whole team are no where near playing to their full potential.

Angry_eel

First Grade
we're allright atm not too good and not too bad. All we need is good 5th tackle options mostly kicks. Finch has a big heart and is a passionate player but he hasn't got the kicking game to win big games.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
we're allright atm not too good and not too bad. All we need is good 5th tackle options mostly kicks. Finch has a big heart and is a passionate player but he hasn't got the kicking game to win big games.
matt keating to the rescue ;-)

diab0lik

Juniors
yeah as much as i like finch we just dont have a good kicking option. if you watch sunday's game again i think we found the ingoal once off a piggy kick and once off burt (i think)and not one drop out the entire game is shocking. also i think we found open space only once or twice (the piggy kick was one that i remember)

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Finch and Mateo are not the reasons why we have been winning and I dont consider any of our matches (other then Round 1) a winning performance, we just happened to score more points then the other team.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
We are missing tims kicking game thats forsure....what about wagons bomb on sunday haha...let him be our 5th tackle option

hwired

Juniors
yep missing timmy's kicking game and finishing....he had a great long and short kicking game...we are also missing the creativity in the halves which timmy provided.

Strangenuts

Juniors
I miss Timmy, it's obvious the team misses his kicking game. No drop outs against the Dragons is a telling statistic. T.S was great at getting repeat sets. But I can see that Finchy provides that stabilising influence that we need and is always there trying his guts out. But he has nothing of the spark Timmy had, it'd be nice to somehow have the best of both players in one it would be very close to the ideal halfback.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Read it again, I said winning performance, not a win.
if you mean a complete winning performance then no we haven't showed it yet. We've been good in parts. We need a few changes, few more options in attack(keatings) and good defence like this weekend and we're looking like the goods.

Latest posts