What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line Up Change

millersnose

Post Whore
i thought there was a fair degree of hype abut franze too cheese

but he can get the ball away when encountering defence

something bailey cant do

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
cheese said:
Zeus only missed 3 out of 24 attempts. A sturdy enough defesive performance IMO
Well again we go the the credibility of the statman.
Zeus missed 3 in one play!! Fair enough he got off teh ground to miss the other two, btu geez. Did Senters try count as a miss? What about Elfords 3 line breaks?

cheese said:
Peach missed 3 out of 11 attempts. Just as woeful as any of the above mentioned, but failed to get a mention
Peach had a crack. Was he marked as the miss on Senter?
cheese said:
Bailey missed zero: reefaganda
Excuse me???!!!! Read my post again.

cheese said:
Rieck missed 2 from 6: fairly inept, but offered plent in attack
Same again. Who got marked for the Senter try?

cheese said:
Noddy: missed 4 from 10 attempts. A prestonesque performance. Threw himself at everything though
Noddys defensive efforts was one of his best ever, I expect him to miss at least that many at his size. 3 intelligent reads stopped a few more raids. VG defensive game by him.

cheese said:
Hassan missed 1 from 3: gained good metres, but defensively, was just as poor as the others
maybe hassan got marked for the Senter miss? After watching the game a few times, there are no misses there.

cheese said:
P.S. Franze's got nuthin'
Franze has a Gidley like pass that has to be developed & combined.
But he has no pace.

Special K

Coach
Saleh would have missed plenty more if Bailey didn't help him out all the time. At the very start Saleh fell for a dummy that wasn't even thrown...

But I do think he played good last week.

cheese

Bench
firstly reef. dry those little eyes. I wasnt having a dig, i was just showing the official stats. I agree that saleh was impressive

blacktip-reefy said:
Well again we go the the credibility of the statman.
agreed they arent perfect. but they're paid pro's, so they've obviously been briefed about what counts as a stat and what doesnt

reefy said:
Peach had a crack. Was he marked as the miss on Senter?
dunno ....but i thought all up he was fairly awful. stood back, rarely put his body on the line in attack and defense. He almost looked spooked
reef said:
Excuse me???!!!! Read my post again.
Detracted the bailey coment, i thought you were refering to his misses. But i agree with you. He offered little, as he normally does. But hopefully he's only filling in until we get some real backs back on the park, so i wont be too harsh ....yet

reefy said:
Same again. Who got marked for the Senter try?
I'd say goldy ....i only saw the game once though, and i was too digusted by the handling to pay clinical attention, but from memory reick had to come in from marking his man, so i'd count it as zeus's miss. Reick played well i thought, but had little support during his half breaks.

reefy said:
Noddys defensive efforts was one of his best ever, I expect him to miss at least that many at his size. 3 intelligent reads stopped a few more raids. VG defensive game by him.
I agree that noddy looked eager in defense, much like preston does, but obviously they're style of play is hated by the statman

reefer said:
maybe hassan got marked for the Senter miss? After watching the game a few times, there are no misses there.
Stats say he made 2 and missed 1. I couldnt be farged to re-watch 80 minutes of inept football just to prove the stat man wrong. I thought saleh was solid. *edit: just saw hulka's post*

reef said:
Franze has a Gidley like pass that has to be developed & combined.
But he has no pace.
Ive got a pretty decent flick pass too. It doesnt make me NRL standard though. Dont get me wrong, i hope he go's ballistic and proves me wrong, but at the moment, he's got a nasty case of birditis.

cheese said:
P.S. Franze's got nuthin' .....watch the tapes from last year after his rookie hype had settled. He offered f**k all in attack and is annoyingly slow. He doesnt stride out when he runs, which indicates poor flexibilty. If he's the messiah, we're in the shite. IMO he suffered birditis, all hype, little substance. The only difference is, he got injured before his hype settled, wheras bird was found out mid-season.

pps ...i'd love him to prove me wrong

I disagree with that assessment of Franze. He was our best in the games against the Roosters and Newcastle. He made three line breaks and 171 metres in a well beaten side. I like to see how he would go in a winning Sharks side.

cheese

Bench
From memory he played OK against the rorters, but against the knaughts he was the same old slow stagnant centre he was in the rest of his games last year. Granted he grounded the ball in noddys miracle try, but that was 99% noddy 1% franze.

Im sure he's got plenty of potential, but he hasnt sold me yet. I'll see how he goes this year before i get too brutal with my assessments. For the teams sake, i hope he plays as good as everyone thinks he can.

Nullajet

Juniors
RICHO,

A fellow jets fan!!!!!!!

I can't wait til the boys get back for a few gigs...they are playing up here at a woodstock festival....
dave is playing at the local pub next friday!! ROCK ON!!

I wish they'd hurry up and get the dvd out.....I have massive withdrawals...

the best live band in the world, i reckon!!!!!!

you are a man of great taste obviuosly...sharing my two passions....the sharks and the jets

cheers,

Nullajet

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You are misguided Nulla.
Richo lives at leichardt.
That is under the busiest flight path for Sydney airport.
The noise has driven his entire family insane & he is the only survivor.
he walks the streets all day, sometimes having gone weeks without sleep, or at most, 3 minutes inbetween landings.
That avatar is the graphic left off one of his protest shirts/bumper stickers.
Say hello to him, but do it quietly, & don't make any sudden moves.

Nullajet

Juniors
You are misguided Nulla.
Richo lives at leichardt.
That is under the busiest flight path for Sydney airport.
The noise has driven his entire family insane & he is the only survivor.
he walks the streets all day, sometimes having gone weeks without sleep, or at most, 3 minutes inbetween landings.
That avatar is the graphic left off one of his protest shirts/bumper stickers.
Say hello to him, but do it quietly, & don't make any sudden moves.

holy shit, reefy!!! That is freaking me out.....I live underneath the Amberley RAAF base and suffer the same .......GET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............problems.

ROCK ON!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts