What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lions team to play the Jets

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
ozbash said:
auckland was playing league before newton...
Maybe but your in another country.........

ozbash said:
we arn't scum.
If you read back I don't think you will find anyone refering to your team as such.

I for one cannot understand what f**kwits in the NSWRL decided upon admitting a NZ team to such a small & essentially Sydney based (with the obvious exception of Canberra) competition?

Guess it's just another long term nail in the coffin of Premier League.............:(

AliN

Live Update Team
Agree totally guys, the Jets are blue and white..simple.

Why the hell the NSWRL let the Auckland Lions come into the comp with the same colours is beyond me. The Jets have first dibs on the gear not the newcomers.
Whoever is in charge of this at the NSWRL should be strung up.

It'd be like a slap in the face to you guys and your club to see the photos of your team wearing Roosters jerseys.

The Lions aren't a club, they are a NZRL made up franchise. The Lions we Kiwis know are the Mt Albert Lions, a very traditional and talented club, and yes their uniform is yellow/blue similar to Parramatta.

But it is not the Mt Albert Lions who are playing in Premier League, but this so called new franchise, Auckland Lions set up last year. There are mainly Warriors development players in the side along with the local talent from Auckland getting a taste of week in, week out competitiveness that the PL offers.

A great game by the Jets yesterday, but rather overshadowed by the uniforms unfortunately.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Snoop Shark said:
Thats a bit harsh coming from a kiwi! Consider yourself lucky your even in our comp champ!

I'm sorry, i couldn't hear you over your scum signature.

I don't mind the NSWRL letting the Lions into the comp with the same colours - as blue and white are recognised Auckland colours. However they should have been clued up enough (the Lions, the Jets, the NSWRL) to realise that somebody was going to need an away strip.

Pretty weak effort all round, and a real shame. I was looking forward to seeing the blue jerseys of the Jets.

greg

Juniors
As I said in my previous post we can not let this happen again. We have a year till we play the Lions again in Auckland. We need a once a year away strip for that game. The current jersey except the colours reversed, white jersey, blue hoops on sleeve, big N, and blue shorts. Won't break the bank, 20 or so jerseys made up to that design. If anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears. I know one thing, I never want to see a Newtown team playing in another clubs strip again!

2 True Blues

Coach
I just read this thread, however agree with the fact that WE should not have had to have been the side to have changed it's jersey. As protested ( By the other half of 2 TB's ).

Having moved to Canberra it will be difficult to see as many games, however glad I did not make the effort to travel over there to see that one.

Obviously because the LIONS are a new club to prem/league, those that allowed them into the comp would more than likely want this to work. So they can financialy gain from the situation. They are trying to promote them at others expense because they are the new kids on the block so to speak, and it's more important to them that this new side gets coverage and NEW supporter ETC.

Money is more important to those that rule than tradition. It is shame that this is the case though.

2 True Blues

Coach
greg said:
As I said in my previous post we can not let this happen again. We have a year till we play the Lions again in Auckland. We need a once a year away strip for that game. The current jersey except the colours reversed, white jersey, blue hoops on sleeve, big N, and blue shorts. Won't break the bank, 20 or so jerseys made up to that design. If anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears. I know one thing, I never want to see a Newtown team playing in another clubs strip again!

That idea is certainly a step in the right direction Greg.

I can fully understand how the NSWRL could have f*cked this up. You only have to look at how long it takes for the draw to come out each year, normally about a week before the season kicks off.

The answer is NOT an away jersey. The Newtown club have been playing in the same jersey since year dot and it's up to other clubs to design their jerseys around us. The NSWRL should have known what colour the Newtown jersey is and the Auckland club should have known this too.

Questions has to be raised. Why did the Newtown club have to wear an alternate jersey? Why didn't Auckland wear an old Warriors jersey? Obviosly it was a Auckland home game, but Newtown wears Royal Blue jerseys. End of story.

What about when the Lions come to Henson to play? Will we have to wear the Roosters jersey? I will walk out of the ground if that happens.

Lets just hope that this NEVER happens again.

It was a great win for the boys, undeafted for the year - come on you Blues!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Father Dougal McGuire said:
I'm sorry, i couldn't hear you over your scum signature.

In the name of the father and son and holy fwit that u are! Maroubra aint in the shire you degenerate! I wonder why u call yourself father u dirty, dirty man!!!! as i said your lucky your in our comp! Someone felt sorry for you!

ozbash

Referee
The answer is NOT an away jersey. The Newtown club have been playing in the same jersey since year dot and it's up to other clubs to design their jerseys around us. The NSWRL should have known what colour the Newtown jersey is and the Auckland club should have known this too.

couldnt agree more, the lions should wear the warriors away strip (grey and black) for that game.

would also show a bit of respect to Newtown which wouldnt do any harm.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
I can fully understand how the NSWRL could have f*cked this up. You only have to look at how long it takes for the draw to come out each year, normally about a week before the season kicks off.

Questions has to be raised. Why did the Newtown club have to wear an alternate jersey? Why didn't Auckland wear an old Warriors jersey? Obviosly it was a Auckland home game, but Newtown wears Royal Blue jerseys. End of story.

What about when the Lions come to Henson to play? Will we have to wear the Roosters jersey? I will walk out of the ground if that happens.

Lets just hope that this NEVER happens again.

It was a great win for the boys, undeafted for the year - come on you Blues!

Hornet, home teams, according to the NSWRL have the right to wear there own strip, I have been informed by the NSWRL that the Jets had been informed they were required to have an alternate jersey.
My way of thinking indicates there are a few fibs being told by both party's

THECURSEDJET said:
Hornet, home teams, according to the NSWRL have the right to wear there own strip, I have been informed by the NSWRL that the Jets had been informed they were required to have an alternate jersey.

TCJ - this was copied from your mate Jeffles post earlier.
1) We've never had to in 100 years.
2) As the new team, Auckland should change like Penrith did in 1967.
3) Even if we wanted to , we haven't been given enough notice to change our jersey.

NSWRL respond with something like, "too bad - wear something else." Newtown ask, "where does it say in the rules what the law is re; jersey clashes?" The NSWRL refer us to the NRL Operations Manual (which they say we were bound by in the absence of any perticular rule in the NSWRL Operations Manual) - an absolute copout from Phillip St.

According to the above there is nothing is nothing in the NSWRL Ops manual about the home team having to wear their home jersey. This has never come up before as the new clubs that have come into the comp have always made sure their jerseys have not clashed with the clubs that are already in the comp. Canterbury '35, Cronulla & Penrith in '67 have all made sure that their jerseys are different. What makes the Auckland different? I'm sure that if Newtown were going to enter a team in the NZ comp they'd make sure that their jersey didn't clash with a traditional team.

2 True Blues

Coach
THECURSEDJET said:

And The Jets alternate jersey is a Roosters one ??? IF that's the case there is definately an issue here !!:? :crazy: :sarcasm: :crazy:

2 True Blues

Coach
They are just promoting this new team, and expect us to get down and "kiss thy feet all mighty one" for even letting us play at all.

Manfred Moore

Juniors
if ever you need an example of where this great game of OURS has gone wrong then this it.

whether it be an oversight, a lack of preparation in organisation or just plain ignorance of history and tradition....the results are the same.

what a sad, sad day when the proud jets are forced to lower their colours in this way....i would have taken the forfeit.

i agree with the posts about these new kids on the block at least taking the time to consider who else was in the comp first before designing their strip...

Lastly surely this wont happen at henson if they meet again...surely....(insert foolish trust here)

But what if they met say in a final at Telstra, Aussie etc....what then??????

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
lionsvjets052.jpg

Still unbelievable ](*,)

Bluebag

Juniors
It was on Tuesday that the office was told about the Lions jersey, yes the Tuesday prior to the game but not by the league but from the Roosters as the league told them not us. After much tooing and froing between us and the league and the Lions we were told we had to have an alternative jersey and the Roosters allowed us to use theirs as it takes a few months to get jerseys made up.
The Jets were not happy and we have resisited as we rightly should to have an alternagtive strip as we do not clash with any other club. So if we forfeit as some say we get fined and perhaps refused entry into the next comp, personally I feel this is payback for not fielding a team in the Jim Beam Cup and even in that comp we were pushed to have an alternative strip. our policy was an absolute NO, NO and NO.
It is unfair to have a go at the roosters for helping us out in providing the jerseys, it is unfair to have a go at the club for not playing in our jersey and unfair on the Lions as they wanted the colours but rather the anger should be directed at the very people who approved it. If you really need to direct your disappointment then email the NSWRL.
It was not our decision to use the jerseys and please remember the Roosters have been 100% committed and supportive of the Jets and our goal is to produce players in the best form they can be in to play first grade which is every PL players aim.

Cursed Jet The Jets actually contribute towards players payments, so in advance I accept your apology for for incorrect.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Bluebag said:
It was on Tuesday that the office was told about the Lions jersey, yes the Tuesday prior to the game but not by the league but from the Roosters as the league told them not us. After much tooing and froing between us and the league and the Lions we were told we had to have an alternative jersey and the Roosters allowed us to use theirs as it takes a few months to get jerseys made up.
The Jets were not happy and we have resisited as we rightly should to have an alternagtive strip as we do not clash with any other club. So if we forfeit as some say we get fined and perhaps refused entry into the next comp, personally I feel this is payback for not fielding a team in the Jim Beam Cup and even in that comp we were pushed to have an alternative strip. our policy was an absolute NO, NO and NO.
It is unfair to have a go at the roosters for helping us out in providing the jerseys, it is unfair to have a go at the club for not playing in our jersey and unfair on the Lions as they wanted the colours but rather the anger should be directed at the very people who approved it. If you really need to direct your disappointment then email the NSWRL.
It was not our decision to use the jerseys and please remember the Roosters have been 100% committed and supportive of the Jets and our goal is to produce players in the best form they can be in to play first grade which is every PL players aim.

Cursed Jet The Jets actually contribute towards players payments, so in advance I accept your apology for for incorrect.

if i am wrong then i do apologise,

i could only imagine that the Jets contribution is very minor,,, and yes i did mention in one of my previous post they did sign Aaron Lai down and run around me, that contract would be worth all of $6.60 GST inc

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Just because I have spoken my piece in the past, it does not mean I do not agree with you all, I did take the time required to make a phone call to the NSWRL and was informed as previously posted, the home team reserves the right to wear there jersey, I have since made another phone call to the NSWRL and have been informed that a Mr Greg Dwyer who officiates in some capacity with Newtown was informed prior to the season commencment that Newtown was required to source an alternate playing jersey.

spend 30 cents you tight ass's and put the pressure on the NSWRL so we can get to the bottom of this sh*t fight, Newtown can not be blamless in this incident, so do not point the finger of blame squarely at the NSWRL, I WANT ANSWERS AND UNLESS WE PULL TOGETHER AND TARGET BOTH PARTYS WE WILL NEVER GET THE ANSWERS WE ALL DESERVE AS JETS FOLLOWERS

Bluebag

Juniors
CursedJet, It is very big of you to acknopwledge the errors of your previous post but what do ytou have against Aaron Lai do you consider him a WOFTAM or is it jealousy. Remember he was good enough to keep Kenny-Dowall on the bench in last years GF and his form this year has been sensational and as has been reported on the match reports a regular best on ground.
Did he do something to you before, take your car space or get served at the canteen before you?