What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lions Tour

Tommy Smith

Referee
Why do these useless Southern Hemisphere refs always try and rort the British teams down here?

Lol what a f**king joke of a penalty. Still couldn't bring the Wallabies home.

Matchball

Bench
Robbie deans can suck it.
He went with O'Connor and Beale over Cooper.
Those 4 missed penalties quade would have kicked.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Wow, three observations from that.

First, I'm pretty sure the Bulldogs just lost Folau.

Second, Kurtley Beale. The poor bastard. He will never live those two kicks down for the rest of his career.

Finally, this game proved that as long as Union continues to put so much importance on kicks over tries, it will continue to be a shit sport.

shiznit

Coach
What a great test match!!

I thought the kiwi ref was f**king terrible!!

He basically allowed the wallabies shut scrum to compete.

I hope they get rid of him for the rest of the series .

Folau was good... but I don't think he would be as good against us. We would put him under more positional pressure than the lions did.

George North was outrageous!!

Matchball

Bench

Second, Kurtley Beale. The poor bastard. He will never live those two kicks down for the rest of his career.

Finally, this game proved that as long as Union continues to put so much importance on kicks over tries, it will continue to be a shit sport.

O'Connor‘s were easier than Beales kicks and he missed 2.
He was bad and should be dropped.

BODISGOD

Bench
Lions gameplan was sussed by Deans, took some North magic and individual excellence (Sexton's bombs and chips for example) to win it.

Lydiette was such a stupid call on the bench. He is an animal tackler and a good player, when he starts...but off the bench he just has no impact. The Lions needed the mongrel of Séan O'Brien out there.

Hopefully Bowe will be fit next week, he is nearly as dangerous as North is out there and that back 3 will be lethal. Get Roberts or hopefully Tualaigi fit as well, much stronger bench.

Ref was atrocious.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fair effort, better then I thought we'd go

f**king Gabba pitch didn't help

Tryhard

Juniors
Hopefully you are right about first point (& his player agents don't stuff up) because he could really develop into a devastating union player.

Point 2: agree this will haunt him forever and wasn't what was needed from where he is at at the moment. But from the Wallabies point of view the words of super-coach Wayne B hold true "if you hang your hopes on winning games in the last few minutes you are going to have a pretty disappointing career."

Point 3: I disagree, while it would be better if the 3 points wasn't needed it is the best offset to the BS illegal play from teams in front.

fightingirish69

Juniors
now i'd love to know how any of the four nations would go against the best of aus/nz/pacific islands.
let's see how smug you are then... pommy merkins

shiznit

Coach
Meh.... We will hammer them in 4 years time... Just like the last time they came here.

Sir Clive and the so called greatest lions team to ever grace our shores... :lol:

They lost the test series 3-0 and even lost to the NZ Maori.

ozbash

Referee
Meh.... We will hammer them in 4 years time... Just like the last time they came here.

Sir Clive and the so called greatest lions team to ever grace our shores... :lol:

those 3 Tests and the Maori game were the best footy I have seen, ever.

Please do, their reaction to the win on Saturday was nothing short of cringeworthy. The best of 4 teams beating one... some achievement.

Latest posts