What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List of Dragons players who are no good

Jason Maher

Immortal
Going by what I've read on these forums, the following St. George-Illawarra players are useless, over-rated, nuffy hacks:

- Ben Creagh
- Darius Boyd
- Ben Hornby
- Jamie Soward
- Matt Cooper
- Beau Scott
- Michael Weyman
- Dean Young
- Jason Nightingale

In fact, about the only Dragons player who is any good, as far as I can tell, is Brett Morris. Just goes to show how good a coach Bennett is: leading a winger and a team of nuffies to a minor premiership, and making a good start toward another one.

Seriously, whenever Bennett decides to give the coaching gig away, he MUST be appointed NRL chief. With his ability to polish turds into gold, the AFL will be a niche sport in Victoria within 3 years of Bennett taking over.

By the way, please feel free to add to the list. I'm sure I've forgotten a few.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
pointless thread or not, he has made one very good point. Bennett must get a senior position in the game when he finishes coaching. It would be waste to have his knowledge and ideas go into retirement.

Bumble

First Grade
I'd just like to add that it's good that the cracks directed at their team's players haven't gotten to the Dragons fans. Remember, they don't care what we think.

:lol:

gUt

Coach
So would all the Bennett lovers love him if he was still Brisbane's coach?

Mr Saab

Referee
Jason, you really should not give a f**k. Alot of fans on here laughed at the Broncos of 2004/5 and 2006...and look what happened. The bunch of "washed up chumps" beat the salary cap cheats.

Oh and Ben Creagh is a girl

johns_reds

First Grade
He is a great coach, but now that he is not apart of the Broncos my interest in wanting to read or listen to what he says is not high.

I still listen to what he has to say, he has a great mind when it comes to league and also life in general. I also want him to succeed, the only problem is out of all the teams i don't want to see win a premiership it would be dragons, so im a little torn, if he went to raiders, panthers cowboys, titans etc. i'd be cheering him on to succeed.

D

Deleted member 10972

Going by what I've read on these forums, the following St. George-Illawarra players are useless, over-rated, nuffy hacks:

- Ben Creagh
- Darius Boyd
- Ben Hornby
- Jamie Soward
- Matt Cooper
- Beau Scott
- Michael Weyman
- Dean Young
- Jason Nightingale

In fact, about the only Dragons player who is any good, as far as I can tell, is Brett Morris. Just goes to show how good a coach Bennett is: leading a winger and a team of nuffies to a minor premiership, and making a good start toward another one.

Seriously, whenever Bennett decides to give the coaching gig away, he MUST be appointed NRL chief. With his ability to polish turds into gold, the AFL will be a niche sport in Victoria within 3 years of Bennett taking over.

By the way, please feel free to add to the list. I'm sure I've forgotten a few.

They are all top players, don't get me wrong. I think the issue is that a fair few of these players are overrated in terms of Origin and rep selection. But again, a fair bit of criticism is unwarranted.

- Ben Creagh

Very good player, strong ball runner, but has been quiet so far by his usual standards this season, and seems to struggle for impact at Origin level.

- Darius Boyd

Great ballplaying fullback, but lacks the linebreaking ability of a Stewart or Slater of Hayne. I still think he is a top player though, just doesn't get as much room on the fringes as when he used to play on the wing.

- Ben Hornby

He does his job. Not a rep standard player anymore by any means, but he performs his task every week, and gives the vital control needed to steer Dragons around the park.

- Jamie Soward

Similar to Ben Creagh, he is a great player who was in seriously hot form last year, but this year he hasn't been too good. Living off his past reputation a bit, but can still break a game wide open.

- Matt Cooper

Still and will always be a very good club player, but the consensus of fans seem to believe that his representative days are now behind him. Josh Morris, Michael Jennings, etc are better options for moving forward.

- Beau Scott

Another player who does his job for the club - tackle hard, provide good support, and protect his halves. Not a rep player by any means though, especially in the centres where his attack is limited, and I think that is where the criticism is coming.

- Michael Weyman

Much like Creagh and Soward, his season this year hasn't reached the levels he was hitting last year. Maybe his fitness is a bit down, but his workrate has dropped a tad and his mobility looks less.

- Dean Young

Like Hornby, not a rep player, but a good solid leadership role model in the pack who does his job for the team every week, great player.

- Jason Nightingale

People only say overrated because he played for NZ. In reality, NZ at full strength would have Perrett and Vatuvei on the wings, and the lack of form of more dynamic wingers like Locke and Inu gave Nightingale the opportunity. But his isn't overrated by any means.

In summary, I don't think the 'hatred' towards the Dragons players is warranted. Yes, some of their selections in representative teams might be unwarranted based on their current form, and they might be being picked based on yesteryears reputation, BUT Hornby, Nightingale, Young are solid club players, nothing wrong with them.

Latest posts