What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live stream Tomorrow

This Year?

Immortal
Whats up with the stream? I can't get it up. Anyone else have this issue?

Yes. I found this worked.

images

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well the 30 seconds or so, that I did get to see from the live stream feed looked impressive, albeit a distance shot from the stands. Sadly technical difficulties did curtail it's continuance. But a big thank you to the team involved in seeking to bring the broadcast to us. And as for the persons with the not so nice comments, shame on you!!

hardbaby

Coach
Well the 30 seconds or so, that I did get to see from the live stream feed looked impressive, albeit a distance shot from the stands. Sadly technical difficulties did curtail it's continuance. But a big thank you to the team involved in seeking to bring the broadcast to us. And as for the persons with the not so nice comments, shame on you!!

Respectfully, I can't agree with you Old Timer. If you advertise something on your website and email it out to your members, you have to come through with the goods.

I live at the very top of WA. As remote as remote can be (you fly in to get here). I won't be able to attend a single game this year and I will watch very few live but I still paid my membership fees. And convinced my dad and some mates to fork up as well.

So if I get an email from the Dragons promoting "this new initiative" I want my money's worth. There's no shame in that. Under-promise and over-deliver.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Oh hardbaby, so you feel a breach of trust has occurred.

Well the live stream chat room was very scathing in it's condemnation, as to the lack of a live game feed. I just felt that whilst also experiencing the same frustration as your good self, I could not bring myself to pour such scorn on persons trying to provide what we were seeking. But having said that, I do take your point re advertising the feed, not being unable to deliver.

So who do we need execute? Or perhaps just put it down to a well intentioned commitment that did not quite go off as advertised?

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah but mate, these guys are professionals (presumably). It's not you, me and the rest of the nursing home trying to communicate via two jam tins and a piece of string.

Anyway my argument isn't with you and no, I don't think we need to execute anybody at this point. I would however like to challenge someone to a duel. Would you be my second?

Dragon2010

First Grade
They should have said "We will try our best to give you a live stream pending our media team and other circumstances" rather then say they are going to do it.

Father Ted

First Grade
Or we will try to deliver a live stream but we do have a history of screwing certain things up.

hardbaby

Coach
I accept. But I will be riding my gopher (red colour, with a red V flag of course). Where and when? Oh and your choice of weapons?

Half time at the Charity Shield. Hand bags at 1 pace. Worth the price of admission and the money goes to a good cause. Of course as my second you need to find the person responsible for this disaster so I can issue my challenge.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Half time at the Charity Shield. Hand bags at 1 pace. Worth the price of admission and the money goes to a good cause. Of course as my second you need to find the person responsible for this disaster so I can issue my challenge.

Oh I did not realise that was part of the job description. Hmmmm what to do?

Well yes as it is a question of honour and reputations are at stake, I have every confidence that the perpetrator of this dastardly act will have the decency to have their second contact me, for the purpose of settling this issue in a gentlemanly manner, albeit with handbags.

Should be an interesting half time methinks. :D