What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live Super League on FoxSports in 2007?

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Does anyone know what sort of coverage Fox will be providing for the ESL in 2007?

I hope with the launch of FS3, they have the facility to provide Live coverage, s I believe there is a genuine market there in Australia. And there are only 2 tv games a week anyway. Also as they feed from the UK, it would prove an inexpensive venture.

Thoughts and news?

jed

First Grade
Sadly at this stage there will be no live Superleague through February or March.

I would recommend that people call Fox Sports (02 9776 2600) or email them (http://www.foxsports.com.au/feedback/0,,,00.html) to request they run it live, or at the very least delayed the same day, as opposed to 5 days later as is currently happening.

Sky in NZ has live Superleague, it's so frustrating that we can't have live ESL here. I usually find myself staying up (or getting up early) to listen to the games on BBC radio

Ari Gold

Bench
East Coast Tiger said:
Jed, will the Saints/Hudds game be on at all?

Yes, saw the advertisement for it tonight, quite suprised at the good quality of the ESL ads this year.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I can't understand how NZ gets more coverage of RL than Australia does.

It stinks, they are doing this to us for some reason, I wish I new what it was.:x

We get all the union in Australia and NZ gets all the League, are they dickheads at Foxsports?

bartman

Immortal
It should be a simple case of supply and demand.... As Jed says, if enough people request it - and then watch it when it's given to them - then the Australian coverage of Super League will start to come close to what NZers experience. Unfortunately they won't just put it on without being made aware of the need/demand to.

jed

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
Yes, saw the advertisement for it tonight, quite suprised at the good quality of the ESL ads this year.
I think it's on 3 or 4 times, it's the only match that week.

jed

First Grade
ParraEelsNRL said:
I can't understand how NZ gets more coverage of RL than Australia does.

It stinks, they are doing this to us for some reason, I wish I new what it was.:x

We get all the union in Australia and NZ gets all the League, are they dickheads at Foxsports?
NZ gets the union too. Sky take the ESL straight off the satellite, whereas Fox Sports on the other hand (for most of the season) actually wait for a tape to be couriered from the UK, thus the 5 day delay in showing games. Last year was pretty good, but in 2005 there were a few weeks where they replayed the games they'd shown the week before because the tape hadn't arrived yet.

And Bartman's correct, if FS are made aware how many people are interested in watching the ESL live, they will be put under pressure to do it. With 3 channels this year, I'm hoping it can happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

jed

First Grade
FS3 9/2 @ 1:00pm
FS2 9/2 @ 9:30pm
FS1 12/2 @ 5:00am

Last season I tried to maintain a thread of all the ESL times on Fox Sports, unfortunately it got a bit (read: VERY) behind. I'll try to do it again this season if there's enough interest in it though.

bartman

Immortal
It is hard work keeping something like that going all season Jed.

Maybe if there's a link to a part of the Fox site that will always have the future braodcast times, that might be a bit easier? Then people can check themsleves as it sometimes changes each week.

jed

First Grade
Fox Sports' site only lists programming for the next 7 days, I have access to the next 2 months information (although I can only post what's been released to the media, usually through the magazine). I also get any late changes emailed to me.

I don't mind giving it another shot this season. I'll sticky it once it's typed up, as long as the other mods dont mind.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
This sux. How can we get the channel to change it's broadcast.

This weekend at the time SL would be on during the season, there is a replay of the A-League, a replay of highlights of a ODI of Aus v England, and CC Champonship football.

Sureley nobody would get up just to watch this (Except diehard cardiff or Barnsley fans).

Many people would get up at 5am to watch live SuperLeague. Some people here may not like SL on at such an early hour, but it means I can watch the games in quiet at my house.

I have e-mailed Fox allready. I may try to call them.

Cumbrian

Juniors
Hello First Post WOOT
Sorry If someone has already said this but you can watch the matches over the t`internet for a small fee not live but its better than nothing.
http://www.sport247.tv/rsl/

Pleasure to Hopefully have been of service

Cumbrian

jed

First Grade
Sadly the rights to Australia aren't held by the same people that operate the website.
CONTENT BLOCKED

This content is not available to users in Australia or New Zealand.
Your IP indicates that you are inside that that region.
If you believe that you should be able to access this site
Please contact us at RSLsupport@servecast.com

I found the same thing when I missed the last episode of Survivor, logged onto the CBS website, and was blocked from seeing it.

bartman

Immortal
Cumbrian said:
Hello First Post WOOT
Sorry If someone has already said this but you can watch the matches over the t`internet for a small fee not live but its better than nothing.
http://www.sport247.tv/rsl/

Pleasure to Hopefully have been of service

Cumbrian
Welcome Cumbrian.

Think that's just for UK&I viewers... this filtering out of content by IP number/location is annoying.