What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live Talk - Australia vs NZ

shadow grinder said:
that ref was awful!!! f**king stupid pommy go back to gay soccer land!

Where the f**k was fitzgibbon and ryan all night..they did jack sh*t.

why didnt WB put gower on for lockyer>lockyer fullback and mini to wing?

and that vatuvie has nothing....all he has is size...like alot of NZ'ers all size and no skill.

I don't know if you're just taking the piss, but you're serious then wow. You're a complete f**king idiot.

TheParraboy

Staff member
gee I wonder if these players are having a little giggle atm ;-)

Hindmarsh
Kimmorley
Scandalis
Thurston

Charge

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
im not upset at the loss..upset at some of the refs calls and how poorly some players were. But we will be back...esp agianst your mob...:)

The ref made poor descisions each way and if Aus were good enough they would have won. As it is NZ played better on the day and hopefully it is the beginning of the end of Australias dominance of the game.

As for playing GB - you had better get your pack sorted out because going off todays performance it is a lot worse than last year and GB's pack could actually be better than last year! I gotta say your backs are still great though.

Matterhorn

Juniors
this is great for international rugby league. nz played great. and too think they have some more players for the northern end of the tour.

Stacey play the whole tour.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Wristy McSlashalot said:
I don't know if you're just taking the piss, but you're serious then wow. You're a complete f**king idiot.

??

was the ref sh*t?-yes (not saying he cost aus the game tho)

did fitzgibbon and ryan do jack sh*t?- yes

should WB have made those changes when tahu came off?-yes

im noly judging vatuvei on this one game...and he didnt do alot untill the end of the game. the way you people go on about you would think he was andrew johns:roll:

salivor

First Grade
Bloody amazing, I thought 2003 at North Harbour couldn't be topped but it just has been. Plenty of Kiwi sides would've crumbled under that wave of attack late in the first half, the grit and pride shown by the boys to get up was just sensational. When you've watched your country get pounded time and time again by Australia and many matches stolen from us in the final minutes, these wins are nearly up there with seeing your side win a Grand Final or an SOO series win. Who said International Rugby League was a waste of time.

As for Australia, selections weren't the problem. In the crucial positions of Fullback, 5/8, Halfback and Hooker you had Minichello, Lockyer, Johns and Buderus and then with the likes of Gasnier, King, Tate and Tahu out wide it was the most potent attacking side named in years with decent and experienced cattle up front. The selectors can't take the field, hold their hands and make them aim up on the night.

As for the calls to sack Lockyer, short memories after what he has done in the Australian jersey over the past 2 years. The Johns-Lockyer halves combo was always going to need time, you've got two players who are used to having sides revolving around them as the central playmaker, thats not easy to gel into the one backline. With more game time together they'll be a bloody scary prospect come the back end of the tournament.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Waterhouse, Ryan and Civo shouldn't be there.

Southern, Laffranchi and Skandalis would have been better options, hungry in form players.

Skando has shown he can beat Rauhihi all year but doesn't get picked against him in the test?

wonder if Australia would have lost had Sheens been coach?

shadow grinder

First Grade
Charge said:
The ref made poor descisions each way and if Aus were good enough they would have won. As it is NZ played better on the day and hopefully it is the beginning of the end of Australias dominance of the game.

As for playing GB - you had better get your pack sorted out because going off todays performance it is a lot worse than last year and GB's pack could actually be better than last year! I gotta say your backs are still great though.

nah wait a minute..i never said the ref cost australia the game! he was terrible both ways ....i know that ffs. WEbster should have got a penalty or atleast a try out wide when waterhouse was off-side. then when toopi(??) was penalised for a dangerous throw..that was a BS call. Im not saying he cost us the game im saying he was sh*t. and i know the pack was sh*t...as i said in my first post.

thuganomics

Coach
salivor said:
with the likes of Gasnier, King, Tate and Tahu out wide it was the most potent attacking side named in years with decent and experienced cattle up front.

Arg. You watched the game right? Put in the name Waterhouse and that sentence looks less attractive.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If that spear tackle by Vagana was not a send off offence then I must have been watching a different game! He put him on his head! Grow some balls and send the bloke off you stupid Pommie ref! If Vagana got his marching orders, we win easily!

That said, well played NZ.

thuganomics

Coach
Yep gotta agree. When I first saw the tackle on Waterhouse I immediatly thought Send-off. I thought he was lucky to stay on the field.

salivor

First Grade
thuganomics said:
Arg. You watched the game right? Put in the name Waterhouse and that sentence looks less attractive.

And if you read my post, I said it was the most potent attacking side named in years. The selectors weren't to know that Tahu would go down injured early.

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
Yep gotta agree. When I first saw the tackle on Waterhouse I immediatly thought Send-off. I thought he was lucky to stay on the field.

Should get a minimum of 8 weeks for that tackle! It was a send off offence!

AuckMel

Bench
Spear tackles are reported in the NRL and according to a lot of people NRL is of a higher standard than Internationals.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well done Kiwis, played well thoroughly deserved the victory. As for the Australians they need to lift their game, they thought all they could do was turn up, well not on those games you can't. Same thing happened against USA, the only difference is New Zealand are much better and experienced. I thought it was a great game, good football from both sides, though Australia wasnt as good as everyone expected. Tate's try was one of the highlights, as well as the some of the passing from the Kiwis. One of the tries they scored I was like "How the hell did he do that".

I thought Steve Ganson was crap, if he's the number 1 ref in the UK, then I'll walk handstands to Brisbane. He made so many mistakes its not funny, Im not saying Australia wouldve won, but at that sort of standard it was poor.

New Zealand's first win in Sydney for 46 years certainly helps the next game in Auckland, what a cracker of a game thats gonna be. Cant wait for that.