What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOCKYER is out

JB538

Juniors
Hopefully this isn't the end to Lockers career , we would love to see him play in the GF.
Is Gillet up for the challenge? Has he got the fitness to go 80 minutes? i guess Hunt could come on and play a bit half back or Five eight if needed.

AceAv

Juniors
I very much doubt it will be smoke and mirrors -Lockyer is right: "Playing a huge game 5 days after surgery is too soon".

It does makes me wonder if Manly will play with 110% intensity still, or will in the back of their minds they might think "it's going to be a much easier job." I guess we will find out on Friday.

The Fact that Lockyer -probably only 50-60% fit to play, is confident the Broncs can get the job done says SO much about how we are going to turn up on Friday... At this stage I am happy for a 100% Gillet over a 50% Lockyer

I am pretty pumped for this game still! I know we have a better forward pack than Manly and if we can keep them down their end of the field, the game should favour us. -Wont be easy tho :O

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
I am glad he is out TBH. Anyone with half a brain would know it was just asking too much to play 5 days after facial surgery. Hopefully we can get to the GF so we can give him the send off he deserves.

_Johnsy

Referee
Personally I'd rather Manly play a full strength Broncos team so that should Manly win there'd be no question mark over the result.

Why would there ever be a question, rarely is a team at 100% full strength this time of the year. You can only play who is put in front of you. Anyone offering excuses/reasons after a loss is delusional. IMO there won't be a single question mark over the victory which ever way it goes (BTW tipping Manly by 16).

The Fact that Lockyer -probably only 50-60% fit to play, is confident the Broncs can get the job done says SO much about how we are going to turn up on Friday... At this stage I am happy for a 100% Gillet over a 50% Lockyer

of course he is confident. What do you expect him to do ahead of a finals match, coem out and say we're not a chance?

Dazzat

First Grade
This team has shown enough steel throughout the season for me to remain confident of a win without Lockyer. Youthful energy and enthusiasm is going to get us over the line, guided by the older heads of Hodges, Wallace, Thaiday, Parker and Hannant.

A few points to remember here:

* Our forwards are probably the form pack in the competition at present, especially Parker and McQuire.
* McCullough has really hit his straps of late, and his kicking will take pressure off Wallace.
* I reckon the coach will give Hunt more game time and we'll double team at dummy half at the end of each half.

We can win this and Lockyer will be available for the GF.

Big Pete

Referee
Why would there ever be a question, rarely is a team at 100% full strength this time of the year. You can only play who is put in front of you. Anyone offering excuses/reasons after a loss is delusional. IMO there won't be a single question mark over the victory which ever way it goes (BTW tipping Manly by 16).

Only the bitter would question the integrity of such a win. However, if roles were reversed at this stage I'd much rather defeat a stronger team than a weaker one. It's a shame either way, this game won't be as good as what it could have been. Which isn't to say I don't think the Broncos aren't a chance, they are but the loss of Lockyer will certainly change their approach to the game.

Snappy

Coach
our defence has been winning us games, and without Locky we wont lose too much in that area. onviously its our attack that will suffer. I reckon if we can score 16 points we're in with a real shot at winning.

AceAv

Juniors
Yep, I agree 16 points is the target...

My only concern is if we get behind by 12 against Manly there won't be much way to come back...

The Crane

Juniors
I think our players will need to make more of an effort to show they are trying to get up from a tackle. Last time we played Manly, it seemed like they were able to hold down for 5-6 seconds sometimes. In any other game, that is a penalty, but I think they got away with it because our players weren't struggling to get up quickly.