What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loko goes loco

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
There is a lot of Inglis in his running style. The kid has a huge future....hopefully.

His outside runs are like Tahu's its uncanny, the way he stands up his opposite and then finds his way through a few defenders.

Id like to see him run some inside lines too like Inglis.

Next years backline is and should be

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Tahu (plays in 4 but on left side)
4. Reddy
5. Grothe

But IMO Loko should come in for a wing spot if one opens up. (not ready for centre yet IMO)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
does anyone know if he actually played in the back row, I know he was named there ?

he's got speed and a good step that TRex doesn't have, Locko is not just brute strength

still a bit young for the NRL next year I think

parra pete

Referee
Tahu should switch to the forwards next year where he can use his pace and strength to advantage. Would make a good 13....

Gronk

Staff member
Tahu should switch to the forwards next year where he can use his pace and strength to advantage. Would make a good 13....

To play lock you need to be able to pass. When he does that he invariably he makes an error.

Very disappointed with Tahu this year TBH.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and you need to be able to tackle, all he does is shoulder charge

not a good idea imo

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
does anyone know if he actually played in the back row, I know he was named there ?

he's got speed and a good step that TRex doesn't have, Locko is not just brute strength

still a bit young for the NRL next year I think

He played most of the match in the centre (well, second man from touch) When he was in the second row, he just played like a centre playing one man in (3rd man in from touch)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Loko carved up in the 2nd half. It seems the 20's game plan is str8 from the first grade plan.

1sts: Just giv the ball to hayne and hope

20s: Just giv it to Loko and hope

At least they gave him the ball, he usually never gets it and they continue to go right, away from the more potent attacking side. I like the talent but I have doubts over whether he would get involved at NRL level when he struggles in the NYC.

Stagger eel

Staff member
At least they gave him the ball, he usually never gets it and they continue to go right, away from the more potent attacking side. I like the talent but I have doubts over whether he would get involved at NRL level when he struggles in the NYC.

the kid hasn't struggled in this grade yet and last night only proved how dominant he can be in a busted side against a red hot outfit, Loko has been contained by other teams but even when he has been well marked he's always been able to hold his own.

he's a first grader.

caylo

Bench
the kid hasn't struggled in this grade yet and last night only proved how dominant he can be in a busted side against a red hot outfit, Loko has been contained by other teams but even when he has been well marked he's always been able to hold his own.

he's a first grader.

How do you criticize me for suggesting guys like Lasalo, Te Maari and Filinga should get a shot and then go say Loko is a firstgrader. Forwards talk alot long to adapt to the NRL then backs and everyone though Williams would be the next SBW and se has spend the last 2 seasons on the wing. The transition from NYC to the NRL are a big difference. While I'd love to see Loko have a go in the centres if the chance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
How do you criticize me for suggesting guys like Lasalo, Te Maari and Filinga should get a shot and then go say Loko is a firstgrader. Forwards talk alot long to adapt to the NRL then backs and everyone though Williams would be the next SBW and se has spend the last 2 seasons on the wing. The transition from NYC to the NRL are a big difference. While I'd love to see Loko have a go in the centres if the chance.

lol..one game in 12 in NYC doesn't make you a forward, I don't know where you get that idea from, his debut in fg whenever that will be, will probably be on the wing, the same position Inglis debut in in 2005 when he was up against matt peterson..lol

he's not a backrower he's a centre the only reason why he played backrow is because of the lack of options we have in that position in that grade.

interesting you mentioned Filiga and Te Maari yet again, both can't make the starting side at wenty atm, infact Filiga as been playing bundy cup for most of his disrupted season.

The Bassman

Juniors
Loko - I thought I read recently that Parramatta signed both him and Sio up for another 2 years.

Can anyone confirm that one??

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Loko sounds like a good player for the future. Although it's a bit worrying that Pete and Stagger are in agreeance.

caylo

Bench
lol..one game in 12 in NYC doesn't make you a forward, I don't know where you get that idea from, his debut in fg whenever that will be, will probably be on the wing, the same position Inglis debut in in 2005 when he was up against matt peterson..lol

he's not a backrower he's a centre the only reason why he played backrow is because of the lack of options we have in that position in that grade.

interesting you mentioned Filiga and Te Maari yet again, both can't make the starting side at wenty atm, infact Filiga as been playing bundy cup for most of his disrupted season.

Yes I mention Filinga and Te Maari again but Filinga was actually playing in NSW team for about a month before his long lay off, and he was playing in the centres. From all reports he also outplayed the likes of Wright and Etu. He has played most of his footy in the centres aswell so tbh your argument is flawed.

You also critized me for suggesting Lasalo gets a go and he came out and played pretty well. I think the Forwards in Wenty are good enough to play with a good pack like ours but because its park footy you completley right them off. TBH NSWRL >> NYC and Loko should get some exposure in wenty next year before he makes the step up.

boxhead

First Grade
I prefer Lokomotive.

So if the Hayne train gets derailed we'll have the Lokomotive.

Definitely, we're a two man team now :)

Hehehehe.....I love Lokomotive.

I'm wondering though, if we are going to blood him soon, will it be in the centres or back-row? It would probably be easier to get him used to centre first, I guess.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

parraeelz

Juniors
Hey guys i saw most of the under 20s second half and this guy is the goods. He was wearing the 12 jersey but in the 2nd half was playing centre. Every run he made he seemed to be getting over the advantage line and making big plays when he found some space. The last try I saw of his he fended off a player Inglis style and beat something like another 2 or 3 defenders to the line. The kids only 17 now but hes looking great. BTW i hope all these rumours in this post about Cantebury and Cronulla arent true.

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys i saw most of the under 20s second half and this guy is the goods. He was wearing the 12 jersey but in the 2nd half was playing centre. Every run he made he seemed to be getting over the advantage line and making big plays when he found some space. The last try I saw of his he fended off a player Inglis style and beat something like another 2 or 3 defenders to the line. The kids only 17 now but hes looking great. BTW i hope all these rumours in this post about Cantebury and Cronulla arent true.

Don't worry, the rumours about Canterbury and Cronulla are wrong. He has re-signed with us for a couple of years, and hopefully we will re-sign him again after that (he probably won't be ready for first-grade yet when his new contract expires).

Watching him play is exactly like watching Greg Inglis play. He is amazing. I don't know how he would go at fullback or five-eighth (Inglis can play both those positions), but he definitely is essentially a young Greg Inglis out wide.
I think he is far too young for first-grade though, and we need to do as much as possible to keep him and not rush his development; patience pays off, as it has with Anthony Mitchell.