What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL @ Homebush Hares

Rush for Bunnies tickets

By Steve Mascord
October 02, 2008
THE NRL grand final may not be sold out, but fans were lining up around the block on Wednesday for tickets to matches that are five months away.
South Sydney staff were astonished to see a queue up the street and around the corner when season tickets went on sale yesterday.
With the Rabbitohs heading back to Redfern Oval for a members-only game against Wests Tigers on February 8, fans Morgan Knott and Guy Richardson left their Central Coast home at dawn to make sure they bought their regular 11 memberships between them for family and friends.

Fixtures: 2009 NRL season draw

"Given the season is so far away we expected a few people to come in at midday but there were 30 people lined up outside and others kept coming," Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson said. As well as 10 home games at ANZ Stadium, fans also get one Gosford match, the Charity Shield and "away" Homebush Bay games against the Bulldogs and Parramatta.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24431872-23214,00.html

--- 30 people! I am suprised that staff could cope..... You'd think it was a gee up, comedy gold!

People give it to other Daily Telecrap journeys to me this guy spouts the worse sh*t. Steve Mascord - Joke of sports journalism.

Ram Man

Juniors
Good on them!
The more members sign up, the better our game will be because of it.
but leaving your Central Coast home at dawn to get a membership...do these people not have jobs to go to?
Shows passion I suppose.

MattJ

Juniors
Wow Baron, top post, that was hilarious!

Mascords words were "fans lined around the block", not the clubs, as you yourself mentioned so why the thread title?

The fact the club signed over 1200 members on the 1st day they were available, when the grand final for the 08 season hasn't even been played yet is fairly impressive in my and most others opinions.

LOL at Baron the brainless dickhead.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
I think it's great, Bunnies are really showing the way in Sydney.

I think the Redfern game probably has a lot to do with the early rush for tickets, great promotion!

miccle

Bench
Honestly, who would try and put a negative spin on both more season tix being sold by any club ALONG WITH a positive article stating that there has been a lot of interest in it?

As far as I'm concerned, every supporter of every club in the comp should be happy when they hear news of increased ticket sales. Great for the comp, great for the game.

Well done Souths fans.

The Gambler

Juniors
All clubs would kill to get that sort of interest in season tickets. I hope the numbers keep growing.

Storm = 8,000ish STH's

Point still stands though.

I think he was talking about Manly.

South's had 6000 s.t.h's last year. Aiming for 8000 this year. We also had another 6000 members who did not have season tickets. If they can get a few of those to convert over then they will hit the 8000 mark easily.

Most Sydney clubs would kill for these sorts of numbers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Season memberships should have gone on sale and reallly been pushed over the last 4 weeks of the season so you can market to your captive audience whilst they are at the game. That is what AFL/SL do and have great success with. 75% of memberships are taken up during that period.

Digga Hole

Juniors
Season memberships should have gone on sale and reallly been pushed over the last 4 weeks of the season so you can market to your captive audience whilst they are at the game. That is what AFL/SL do and have great success with. 75% of memberships are taken up during that period.

Not all AFL clubs do this, many have not released them yet (I don't think any Melbourne clubs have yet, you would know more about the WA ones though). The automatic renewal option that they do have works a treat tho for selling to a captive audience.

Latest posts